chapter LXIII

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚    ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

I stood next to Poe as he slowly regained consciousness. It was clear that he fought back, and the troopers stopped him.

"What did they do to you?" I whispered gently cupping his face.

"y/n..." he managed to barely say.

"Poe. Yes, it's me." I said.

He put his head back and closed his eyes. He was still awake but clearly in pain.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"You know why."

"I told you not to come."

"You know I wouldn't rest until you were safe." He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"I am safe." I said.

He looked at me with a confused face.

"I am safe here. I'm happy..." I said the last part as low as possible.

"What?" he asked.

"This is my life now, Poe. I made a deal to protect you and those I care about, I just had to stay here with my brother." I said.
"Don't tell me you care for Kylo Ren." He harshly said.

"He's my family." I said.

"He's a monster. How many of us has he killed?"

"Ben is still there. I've seen him."

"You're insane." He said closing his eyes once again.

I bit my lip not wanting to say what I had to say.

"Kylo is willing to offer you a pilot position." I blurted.

"You're kidding." His head shot up.

"He won't hurt you or Finn and he needs good pilots. General Hux also agrees on the matter." I said.

"No." he shot.

"It's a good opportunity. If not, you'll probably just spend your days in a cell." I said.

"I can't believe this." He shook his head.     

"Poe, I know this isn't the best situation but it's all we have." I pleaded.

"You're one of them. You're a traitor." He sneered.

"No! I would never!" I protested.

"Let's get one thing clear here, princess, I'd rather die than work with the First Order because I will stand by the Resistance until death rips me away." He fumed.

"Fine." I sighed stepping out.

I bit my lip as to stop myself from crying.

Without a word from me, Hux ordered for Poe and Finn to be taken to cells. Finn was put in the cell without much trouble, but Poe kept fighting back.

Hux and I watched as they led him in.

Finn sat on the far side of the cell. He didn't speak just looked at the ground.

I walked into the cell to speak to him again.

"Please, just rethink this. You're already here." I pleaded.

Hux and two troopers stood by the entrance watching us.

"I don't speak to traitors like you." He quickly shot.

"For goodness sake, Poe. Could you just put your pride aside and think for a moment? There's nothing else you can do, and this is the best option you have." I said.

"I am not a lying traitor like you. I told you I wouldn't betray the Resistance for anything."

"I didn't betray them. There was nothing I could do."

"What would your mother think? You think Leia would be happy with this decision, y/n." he said.

"Don't bring my mother into this." I warned.

"Why? Are you afraid of the truth? You have been hiding behind a lie, y/n. Telling yourself you did something good, but you know deep down you didn't."

"I made an impossible decision to protect my loved ones," I paused taking a step forward, so I was right in front of his face, "to protect you, Poe!"

"You're a coward just like that monster you call a brother." He denounced.

"Don't speak about my brother like that." I said pointing my finger at his chest.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer so he could speak into my ear.

"I will speak about you and your brother how I want. You made your decision and have lost all my respect because of it." He said through gritted teeth.

I saw Hux order the two troopers to separate Poe from me.

"Let go." One said, as they leveled their blasters at his head.

"As you wish." He scoffed letting go and putting his hands up in a showy manner.

I stepped away from him.

"You will not speak ill about the Supreme Leader or our diplomat, rebel scum." Hux said.

"How could I forget the Supreme Leader's lap dog. General Hux, I advise you keep an eye on the princess here." He began.

Hux looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"She is a backstabbing snake and I wouldn't be surprised if she gained your trust to take your position. She's made it clear that she will do what it takes to gain more status and power." Poe spat.

"Poe..." I warned.

"Maybe I was right in leaving you on Louloúdi all those years ago." He scoffed before turning away from us.

I stood there staring at him in silence until Hux commanded for the cell to be shut.

...
─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please be sure to vote!