chapter XLV

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Don't be so loud." Iasion said, looking around."Why would people create that rumor? Where did it come from?" I asked.

"General Hux has been acting strange since you came, and people have begun to notice. After everything that happened on Fotiá, he has been praising you even more." He began.

"Praising me? He barely told me I did a good job." I pointed out.

"Not to your face but he's been constantly speaking about you and your work to others. I mean for one to be given such a high rank in such a short time, especially an enemy, well something had to happen." He went on.

"Yeah, something did happen; I got kidnapped by my brother and forced to work here! The least they could do is give me a high rank!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it was only reinforced when Hux warned a few officers to stay away after he caught them speaking about you." He continued.

"Does he know about this?" I questioned.

"A senior officer asked him about it." He said.

"And?" I asked.

"Since he trusted the officer, he all but confirmed it." He finished.

"Well he didn't actually say yes, did he?" I exclaimed.

"He didn't but his refusing to give a concrete answer was enough to catch everyone's attention. It also discredited everything you've done so far which made people even angrier about your position." He said.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I can't believe this." I clenched my jaw.

"Please don't get mad at me but is it true?" Iasion asked, he looked almost afraid.

"No! I told you there's nothing there!" I shouted at him.

"I know but he acts so strange around you and yesterday when I did my little experiment with the holding hands, I kind of got vibes that you guys were...you know." Iasion said.

"Well we aren't and if you will excuse me, I will be on my way to kill General Hux." I pushed my plate into Iasion's other hand.

"I hope you don't actually mean that." He called.

"I have a lightsaber for a reason!" I shouted back.

I walked out into the hallway and found Hux speaking to some other high-ranking officers. He saw me making my way over and quickly excused himself.

"General Hux!" I yelled.

"Not here." He said, grabbing my arm.

He led me to his quarters and shut the door behind him. I glared at him as he made his way to sit down in his chair. I waited to see if he would talk.

"What the hell!" I shouted.

"Please calm down and use your words." He said, without looking up at me.

"My words? You want me to use my words? General Hux you truly are a disgraceful human being!" I continued shouting at him.

He flinched at the word disgraceful, but my blood was boiling. I thought he finally respected me but instead he made a fool of me behind my back.

"If this is about the rumors then leave now. Don't waste your breath. I have a reputation to keep so I don't meddle in those affairs." He said.

"Reputation? That's truly all you care about. I thought that maybe for once you could be human. I thought that for some strange reason, a small part of you cared for me but I was wrong. All you care about, General Hux, is about the First Order and your precious position."  I fumed.

"I don't understand why you are surprised. My loyalty has always been to the First Order. I've made that clear since the moment we met." He spoke, softly.

He had grabbed Millicent and was petting her. Seeing him so calm while I was beyond upset, angered me more that I could ever express.

"So that's all, huh? You are going to dedicate everything to the First Order and then what?" I began.

"Your loyalty to the First Order will get you killed. I guess we just have to wait to see how you will go. I wonder...maybe all those you've wronged will come back for revenge." I taunted.

"y/n...I suggest you leave before things are said that will regret." Hux warned.

"You have delusions of glory and grandeur and can't even see what you have in front of you! For goodness sake, Hux, you can't live like this!" I continued.

"y/n..." he warned again, placing Millicent down and standing up to face me.

I looked up at him. He was angry. I had him right where I wanted him.

"Can't you see. You're never going to be Supreme Leader!" I shouted.

"Stop talking!" He said.

"Make m-" he stopped me

"Don't you finish that sentence." He warned.

He was beyond angry now. He towered over me, but I wasn't about to back down.

"For a man with such high standards, it leaves one to wonder why you would ignore rumors. Especially reputation-ruining ones." I continued to taunt.

"Why do you always have to challenge me?" He shouted.

"Why don't you just do as your told?" He lowered his voice.

"Why can't you just answer for your actions? All you do is run with your tail in between your legs and refuse to speak!" I retorted.

"I'm a bastard son, dammit!" He snapped.

...
─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed this episode!

Make sure to vote and May the "fourth" be with you ;)