chapter LX

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Your majesties." I curtsied.

"Let me look at you." Queen Vidia said stepping down from her throne.

Philip stood by his father as Hux and Iasion stood off to the side. The queen began to inspect me like a package.

"It is true, you are very beautiful. Perfect for our son." She smiled.

"Thank you, your majesty." I managed a faint smile.

She started to return to her throne as Hux and Iasion took their places beside me.

"I'm very glad my dear Philip was able to find you. When we heard of what happened to Louloúdi we were very worried." She shared.

"You were?" I asked.

"We warned your parents multiple times about the First Order. We told them to ally themselves with them, but they wouldn't listen." King Henrik began.

"They believed that remaining a neutral power would protect our people." I shared.

"Yes, and look what it cost them. I can't say I pity them. They had it coming." Henrik shook his head.

"We don't need your pity. My parents were good leaders and I will not let you disrespect them." I attested.

Everyone was quiet and I felt all eyes on me. I stared at them not wanting to back down.

"Of course, we didn't mean any disrespect. Louloúdi has always been our sister planet and we would never say anything to discredit her or her rulers." Vidia said in a soft voice.

"Right..." Hux cleared his throat to speak.

"We would like to get onto negotiations now." He said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did Philip not inform you of our terms?" Vidia said.

"No..." Hux narrowed his eyes.

I looked at him trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"I assume you know it's the 30th anniversary of our family's rule and week-long celebrations are being held. I told Philip that you must attend at least the festival before we speak." She explained.

I often forgot that the Alden family weren't the original rulers of Thalassa. They took over about 40 years ago. Henrik was a powerful and wealthy noble and he married Vidia who was once a duchess, giving him enough power to overthrow the former royal family.

"and when is this festival?" I asked.

"Well tomorrow!" she exclaimed.

"Right...and if we don't-

"I will not take no for an answer." She intoned.

"But-

"You are my guests after all, and it would be wrong for you to turn down an invitation to celebrate." She cut me off once again.

I looked over at Hux. He gave me a confused look.

"We will not negotiate unless you attend the festival." She gave us a wide smile.

She seemed kind enough but something about her just creeped me out to put it simply.

"Alright but we will speak about the matter at hand as soon as possible." Hux sighed.

"Of course! That settles it our esteemed guests will join our celebrations." She announced as she returned to her throne.

"y/n dear, I took the liberty to have a few gowns prepared for you. Philip informed me of your dress choices on the First Order base and you must know that is unacceptable for the future queen." She said.