chapter LXIV

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚    ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

I stood outside the cell accompanied by Hux and four stormtroopers, two of which were stationed in front of the cell.

"I want the droid found." I said.

"What?" Hux questioned.

"Poe always travels with a BB unit named BB-8. I haven't a clue where it is, but I want it found and brought to me." I explained.

Hux nodded at the two other stormtroopers standing with us and they began to walk away to do what they were told to.

"Do not hurt the droid in any way. When you find it bring it to my quarters and inform me immediately." I finished.

I started walking away and Hux followed closely. He wasn't speaking but I knew his mind was buzzing with questions.

"y/n, wait." He said but I ignored him and kept walking.

I didn't know where I was going but I just needed to get away from all of that.

"Stop." Hux repeated.

I shook my head and kept walking his voice was drowned out by my own thoughts.

"y/n!" he grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"What?" I yelled.

"What do you mean what?" he began.

I crossed my arms and looked away as he continued to speak.

"I am still your superior no matter what happened between us. I asked you to stop multiple times and you ignored me." He said.

"Yeah that was the point." I pointed out.

"So, you're just going to ignore everything that happened with the pilot back there. You understand they came here for you."

"Don't you think I know that. I've sacrificed everything including my freedom to protect him and he still insists that I am a bad person."

"You're not a bad person." He tried to comfort me.

He placed a hand on my upper arm, but I instinctively jerked my arm away causing him to back away.

"Yeah because that helps me, General."

He gave me a questioning look when I said general.

"I had finally been able to push past my feelings and find a new life here but that was all ruined about an hour ago." I shook my head.

"I understand that this is hard on you but-

"No, you wouldn't understand, General Hux. The only thing you care about is power."

He stayed silent as I spoke.

"You might be relieved because now there's no chance of me leaving and getting away from you, but I sure am not happy about this turn of events!"

As soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted them, but it was too late.

Hux's face didn't change from the cool composed expression he always had but his eyes had completely changed.

"If you love him that much then don't let me get in the way. I can see when I'm not wanted, and I wouldn't want to get in the way." He said.

"No! That's not what I meant!" I said stopping him from walking away.

"Then what did you mean, y/n? Because to me it seems like that was something you had been meaning to share for a long time and it finally came out. I think you will be relieved to know that I will keep my distance from now on as I've received your message loud and clear." He said.

"Please." I spoke over him, but he didn't budge.

"Iasion will accompany you to the festival tomorrow please do enjoy it and..." he took in a deep breath, "stay safe."

He began to walk away.

"Wait, Armitage." I pleaded.

He turned, "General Hux."

I couldn't believe that those two simple words could completely shatter my heart, but they did.

Tears spilled out of my eyes as I felt that connection stretch as thin as it could. It felt like if at any moment it would break, and he would be gone.

I went to the only place I could think of; Iasion's quarters.

I knocked at the door and was met by a confused Iasion.

"Wha-

I didn't let him finish his thought as I embraced him in a hug.

"Well I'm never against hugs but this is kind of confusing." He laughed.

I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Oh! Please come in." He quickly said when he saw my eyes.

I sat down at the foot of his bed hanging my head low as he moved his desk chair in front of me.

"What happened?" He asked.

...
─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Please consider voting if you enjoyed!