66

i'm impatient 😤

(iv)

RENJUN furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Wha- what...?"

Backtracking through all his missions- Renjun's eyes widened as he remembered his first mission in Raun. He had nearly killed Su-bin.

"That's how we became soulmates," Su-bin muttered.

"Su-bin... I-" Renjun walked up to her, panic washing over him.

Su-bin flinched, taking a step back away from him.

"No. Stop." She said softly.

Her eyes held fear and Renjun weakly sighed with discomfort. A new atmosphere grew between the two, the distance between them growing.

"Su-bin, I never wanted to hurt you," Renjun said, tears welling up in his eyes.

The girl shook her head, "I don't know what to believe anymore."

Scoffing, Renjun looked at Su-bin- a stray tear falling down his cheek, "You've been lying too! Haven't you been using Hee-young to live a grand life?"

Su-bin wryly laughed out, "You've also been lying! You lied about who you are and about your financial status! Did you enjoy acting like a poor person? I know you're rich and you... you lied about your feelings toward me."

"Feelings? When did I confess to you? When? I never did! I never said that I wanted to be your boyfriend!" Renjun shouted.

Su-bin's heart ached and she scoffed, "You're the one who took me out on dates and lead me on! I'm human! I liked you!"

"Did you forget that I'm from a fucking mafia gang? Of course, I didn't care about your fucking emotions." Renjun seethed out, glaring at the girl.

Su-bin clenched her jaw with frustration, she was going to say something else but then her wrist started to hurt. She looked at the name on her wrist, her eyes holding nothing but resentment.

'R, E, N, J & U' were all red and Su-bin sighed. 

"Be honest with me... if I wasn't your soulmate, would you have killed me?" Su-bin asked, holding her wrist.

Looking at Su-bin, Renjun averted his gaze as he thought about his answer.

"You would be a witness if I had killed Hyeon-U so... yes, I would have killed you," Renjun answered coldly.

Tears fell down Su-bin's face as she looked at Renjun, "You're heartless."

Renjun rolled his eyes, "I've been told that multiple times."

He wiped his dry tear and harshly sighed.

"You know what? I'll forget everything." Su-bin said, her voice cracking.

"What?" Renjun muttered, his eyebrows furrowing.

"You heard me. I'll forget about you being a part of a mafia and that you tried to kill me and my dad. I'll forget that we had something and move on." Su-bin said sternly, wiping her tears.

"Do you hate lies that much?" Renjun asked.

Su-bin narrowed her eyes at him, "Let's keep our relationship distant. We'll heal when we need to and as you said- it'll protect me. I'm being kind enough to not imprison you."

Renjun chuckled, "I'll gladly accept that- this was tiring anyways."

Their actions that were made from anger and haste became permanent as they shook their hands on their agreement. 

Their warm interactions became forgotten memories as fear, displeasure and distance filled their endless void.

What was once warm became cold and what was once love became hatred.

Sometimes the lies that people tell each other can either be good or bad. Lies can be a benefit for some people or sometimes they can put people at a disadvantage.

No matter what the purpose of the lies are. The lies that people tell each other, spread and become a part of you.

Her warm smile was no longer present and his gaze of adoration had disappeared.

Because of The Lies That Complete Us.

THE END.

▍THERE IS A SEQUEL!!! I have planned it and if you want it- then i will gladly create it

▍THERE IS A SEQUEL!!! I have planned it and if you want it- then i will gladly create it. but for now, thank you for reading this amazing book!

This is my first angst book and let me tell you- I contemplated a lot about if i should make the ending an angst one or a happy one but, seeing the relationship between the two characters- I just knew an angst one would fit.

i also never knew i would write a longer book than Autumn- it was amazing nonetheless.

i tried to incorporate the reality of telling lies just to appear likeable- like 'people pleasers' and i don't know if it worked. & i think the ending really emphasizes the effect of lies.

they can sometimes set off a chain reaction of negativity- depending on what you lie about. & you can end up hurting the people you love the most. it also doesn't mean that it has to be a very huge and materialistic lie- sometimes it's as simple as "I'm doing okay." when you're not.

& the addition of the Instagram posts also adds to how you present yourself to everyone else.

i kind of sound like a serious analyst 😅.

as always, feedback is appreciated!

&& thank you once again! <3