07

SIGHING, Renjun rubbed his temples as he sat down on his chair

SIGHING, Renjun rubbed his temples as he sat down on his chair. His heart became erratically fast whilst his head stirred with many thoughts.

He couldn't wrap his head around the sudden move and hesitantly he messaged his sister.

yiyi🙄

ren<3
pack up your stuff
we're moving

yiyi🙄
what?

ren<3
you read it right
we're moving
now hurry up and get packing

yiyi🙄
why?
what's happening?
is she okay?

ren<3
yes she's fine.
i got promoted and now I'm being moved to Raun

yiyi🙄
no
i can't just leave my friends
like congrats bro
but, i can't go

ren<3
i know how you feel
but you have to listen to me
you'll have no way to survive if i go
so, you need come with me

yiyi🙄
I'll get a job and survive

ren<3
no.
I'm not letting you feed yourself ramen 24/7
and fail to pay bills and whatever 

yiyi🙄
can't you like send me money
and pay the bills while you're over there?

ren<3
stop being stubborn
i can't leave you
you're only 13

yiyi🙄
nope

ren<3
HUANG JINGYI
if i come back to an unpacked suitcase i will drag your ass to my car and take you with me

yiyi🙄
THEN GO AHEAD
HUANG RENJUN

"Fuck." Renjun mumbled. 

He felt like ripping his hair off. He was tired and pissed at the stubborn attitude that his sister gave.

As he ran his fingers through his hair again, he stopped after taking a glance at his wrist. Bringing his hand in front of the lamp, Renjun looked at the new letters on his wrist.

The letters 'S' 'U' and 'B' were adorned on his wrist. Even though his room was pitch black, the light from his lamp illuminated the perfect tattoo- no mishaps, no imperfections.

Just the perfect letters of a name. Confusion painted over his face.

"Sub? Wait- my soulmate? Are you fucking serious?"

DRYING off her hair, Su-bin sat down on her seat as she looked at the multiple books she had purchased today. As she flicked through the delicate pages, she started to cough.

Her chest started to seize resulting in a coughing fit. Su-bin knew why this was happening, gulping down a glass of water.

She opened her desk drawer to a tablet. Apparently, it helps soothe the pain if the person hasn't found their soulmate yet.

Su-bin swallowed the tablet with her water and exhaled a sigh of relief. Even though she was ecstatic to have found her soulmate, the girl couldn't help but worry if she would live.

Shaking the worrying feeling, she just slept on the thought. Switching off the lights of her room, Su-bin snuggled into her soft bed with the fluffy creamy white duvet over half of her face.

As the night went by fast, the girl woke up again and started her routine. Making sure to make enough breakfast, Su-bin packed a  few meals she made and placed them into her bag.

"Morning Su-bin." Hee-young greeted.

She started to eat the food that was on the table and Su-bin gave a warm smile.

"Morning Hee." 

Hee-young gave a small smile and looked at the girl, "Are you doing anything today? Do you have any lessons today?"

Su-bin hummed in thought, "I have a class at 1:30 pm and I'm going to meet my dad soon. Why?"

"I thought we could hang out, now that we have more time," Hee-young explained.

Su-bin's smile grew, "Sure! How about a picnic?"

The mention of the word made Hee-young nod her head.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" A girl with a dark demeanour asked.

The girls that were surrounding Su-bin froze in their spots.

"N-nothing! We- we... this poor idiot stole our food!" The girl who held onto Su-bin exclaimed.

The girl that oozed with intimidation scoffed, "Let go of her."

Immediately letting go of Su-bin, they all ran away leaving the quiet girl on the floor of the classroom. The girl stood in front of her, with her hand reaching out to her.

"Here, take my hand." The girl said, an empty expression on her face.

As Su-bin held onto the girl's hand, she was pulled up.

"I'm going to have a picnic, you want to come?" She asked Su-bin.

"Is it because they said I stole someone's food? I swear I didn't." Su-bin softly said, her eyebrows drawing in.

The girl shook her head, "It's because I thought you'd like to join. My name's Hee-young by the way."

"My name is Su-bin! Are we going to have a picnic in school?"

"No. In space." Hee-young retorted with a serious voice.

"Uh..."

"It's a joke." 

"Oh."

Slipping her shoes on, Su-bin dialled a number on her phone waiting for the person to answer. She quickly looked back to Hee-young, "I'll see you at the spot!"

The girl nodded and Su-bin exited the apartment. The ringing stopped but a robotic voice played which made the girl cut the call.

Sighing, Su-bin walked to a bus stop and waited for the next available bus. She stood there as the wind whistled through the bustling loud city.

The feeling of not going to school made her feel weird. It felt free to her to be able to do what she wanted to do.

Su-bin entered a bus that arrived and sat down, waiting as the bus drove off her eyes watched the fast motion of everything moving. It took at least half an hour to get to her destination.

The contrasting surroundings of the large buildings to the evergreen grass that hugged the tall trees and the edges of the lakes made Su-bin somewhat nervous. When the bus stopped, Su-bin exited the bus and stood in front of the sign.

The sign that readout 'Uphorea'.