19

double update bc i feel bad for not updating for so long.

THE sun rose to a new day and Renjun flinched at the blaring sound that rang through his room

THE sun rose to a new day and Renjun flinched at the blaring sound that rang through his room. Slamming the digital clock, he groggily got out of bed- his eyes half-closed and legs dragging behind him.

Renjun yawned as he entered his bathroom and turned on the tap. He looked at the mirror with his blurry eyesight but winced in pain at his growing headache.

"I'm sorry son but... I can't help her forever."

A small teary-eyed Renjun looked up at his father, "Why?! S-she needs help! Please! Dad, don't leave!!"

He gripped onto the man's pants and latched onto his leg. Crying, Renjun was dragged along with his father's foot until he was forcefully pushed back onto the hospital floor.

"M-mama?" A fragile voice wearily said.

Renjun looked away from the door of the room and looked behind him to his sister. The girl's eyes slowly filled with tears as she held onto one finger of the unconscious woman.

"Mum wake up!"

"Renjun?"

Jolting at the sudden noise, Renjun looked at his door.

"I'm hungryyy! Hurry up!" Jingyi whined in front of his room.

Renjun splashed water onto his face and quickly freshened up, annoyed at the whining. Exiting his room in a simple black shirt and sweatpants, he walked over to the kitchen and looked inside the fridge.

"Hmm... will boiled eggs do?" Renjun asked.

Jingyi rolled her eyes as she scrolled through her phone, "No."

Scoffing, Renjun took 4 eggs out of the fridge and placed them in a pot. He filled up the kettle and waited for it to boil.

"Well, I need to do some work for my job. So I can't just serve you all day. You'll eat two boiled eggs and that's it." He said in a scolding manner.

Jingyi rolled her eyes again and muttered "Whatever."

Renjun quickly boiled and peeled the eggs, then brought two eggs in a bowl into his room. Sitting at his desk, he placed his bowl down and then looked at the map plastered on the wall behind his laptop.

"So, this person is definitely around Raun but... where? Who are they?" Renjun muttered.

He thought about what the unknown person was doing.

'When Su-bin took the selfie with that girl, that's when the person entered. Then they sat two seats away on my left. When I talked to Su-bin, they had their phone out.'

"They were recording me..." Renjun mumbled.

Thinking harder about the situation, he tried to find any clues. 'They wore a black hoodie and a cap... classic sketchy outfit.'

He thought about what else the person wore. As he bit into his egg, Renjun's eyes widen.

"A BRACELET!" He shouted whilst standing up, slamming his hand onto the table.

"SHUT UP!" Jingyi shouted back.

Renjun glared at the voice of Jingyi and sat back down. He wrote down on a piece of paper of what the bracelet had.

"C.HO3"

"Huh... as in the surname Choi? Or Choe?" Renjun asked himself.

Brushing his fingers through his hair, Renjun sighed with annoyance.

"Who is this?"

liked by urmomxd, youngie__77, min_min<3, zeusus

w/ @youngie__77

location: cakes & fruits.the cafe

---------------------------------------

user5
go queen!

user10
this is so cute!

lovetalk5.0
my eyes have been blessed😌

 ijustwantsomemilkk
omg! it's our fashion icon!!

min_min<3
aaand another day without me 😥

SU-BIN giggled at the comments and then looked back up at Hee-young who ate a piece of cheesecake.

"So? How did your interview go? Did you get the job?" Su-bin excitedly asked.

Hee-young sighed, "No... they rejected me."

Su-bin loudly gasped, "WHAT?! How could they?! You're amazingly talented at... finances? That's what you're doing right?"

Hee-young nodded, "Yeah- I just wanted a normal job but they say 'I'm too special to blend in'."

Frowning, Su-bin ate her strawberry that was on her plate (a plate of an assortment of berries) and looked at how sad Hee-young was.

"Don't worry Hee, you'll find a job. I know you will." She said.

As she took another strawberry, Su-bin's body slightly froze as a vision appeared. She was shocked but then realised it was Renjun.

She looked at what the boy was looking at and became puzzled.

"C.HO3"

"Why does that look familiar?" Su-bin muttered.