26

(i)

(i)

Before Su-bin could return her clothes, all the girls had exited the store empty-handed. 

"Actually, the clothes are quite mediocre."

"Yeah, there was nothing interesting."

"To be honest, I think they're trying too hard."

"It must be a shop for poor people- I'm gonna tell my gals to not shop here."

"Oh, it's so obvious that this shop isn't for us."

Su-bin's figure tensed up at their words- she felt so disgusted and annoyed at them.

"We're in year 8 yet, you've never gone shopping?" Young-ja questioned Su-bin with a smirk.

The girl shook her head as they stood outside their high school. They were waiting for Hee-young to finish her Tennis training.

Young-ja pushed Su-bin to the ground and chuckled, "You're so pathetic without Hee-young. I don't know how she likes you. "

"You should just die." Min-suk added.

Su-bin stood back up but Young-ja went to push her again. However, Hee-young stopped her hand and stood between them.

"What are you doing?" Hee-young seethed out.

Young-ja rolled her eyes, "Su-bin is not coming with us."

"And who decided that?" Hee-young asked with anger boiling in her.

"W-we did!" Min-suk interjected.

"Well, I say that she is coming with us. End of conversation." Hee-young said venomously.

When they arrived at the shops, Su-bin was beyond surprised. She had found her new passion- a passion for fashion.

Her fingers delicately grazed against the soft heavenly material and looked at the different tops and outfits on display. She picked out a beautiful glimmering, purple-fit dress. 

She knew from the first look that it would look amazing on her so, she wanted to buy it. When she did try to buy it, Young-ja and Min-suk snickered.

Keyword: try. The cashier scanned the dress and when Su-bin tried to pay, her card was declined. It was the first time her card had been declined. 

An uncomfortable feeling sat within her, she glanced at Young-ja and Min-suk and that's when she realised. Class mattered.

"I guess she used all her money on buying food." Young-ja laughed out.

"Yeah- I mean she is poor. Of course, she bought her food in a rush." Min-suk added.

Young-ja smirked, giving her card to the cashier, "Poor Su-bin... she must've forgotten that she's a low-life. What? Did hanging out with Hee-young brainwash you?"

"Did she make you rich all of a sudden? No- so, back off bitch."

Class mattered. And it taught Su-bin that she could never go without it. Even when she wanted to shop- she couldn't.

"I feel sorry for you three," Su-bin said to Bora's friends.

She pushed past them and walked back inside the shop. Placing the bag of clothes on the counter, she nervously looked at Renjun- who was looking at the computer.

"Yes?" He mumbled as he sent an e-mail to Jeno.

Su-bin pouted, as she fiddled with her hair. "U-umm- I wanted to-"

"Pfft." Young-ja interrupted, a high-pitched giggle erupting out of her.

Renjun glanced at the other girl and recognised her from his recent vision. He raised an eyebrow and stared at her with annoyance.

"And you are?" He asked, irked.

"Young-ja." She replied bitterly.

Renjun shrugged his shoulders and then looked at the shopping bag, "Is there a problem?"

Su-bin shook her head- she didn't know why it was so hard but she couldn't even ask for it to be returned.

Young-ja spectated the scene and scoffed. "She wants it returned because she's broke."

Su-bin whipped her head towards the girl and before she could shout at her- she calmed herself down, trying to regain her peaceful self.

"Young-ja, do you remember what I did to you last time?" A threatening voice questioned.

Su-bin looked at the voice and saw Min-seok walking towards them with his coffee in his right hand and his left hand tucked in his pocket. Young-ja, who looked at the boy burning with anger stayed quiet under his gaze.

"If you don't remember, let me tell you. I pulled your hair and nearly gave you a concussion. So, if you ever, talk like that to Su-bin ever again... you're dead." His aggressive tone cut through the playful air that Young-ja had.

He gave her a little smile and then softly held Su-bin's wrist, "Let's go, Binnie!" His cheery tone filled the tense atmosphere.

But before he walked away, he looked Renjun dead in the eyes, "That goes to you too. You hurt Su-bin and I'll make you regret it."

Renjun scoffed, 'Who does he think he is?' he thought.

new symbol alert!

if you see this (♡) it just means a new day has started bc I know that when there's a new chapter I continue off of the last chapter but- I'm kinda tired of always writing "a new day started" in so many ways. it's just too repetitive so, yeah just a heads up.