36

(ii)

(ii)

LETTING go of the girl's hand he sighed and looked at Su-bin who stood in front of him nervously.

"Hi, my name is Min-seok." He said.

Su-bin looked at the boy with puzzlement but she also introduced herself.

"Hi... my name is Su-bin."

Min-seok nodded, "I just wanted to say that if Han-wul ever approaches you then, call me."

He gave a piece of paper to the girl and ruffled her hair. Su-bin stood still as she held the paper and as Min-seok left the place, Su-bin held his wrist.

Stopping, the boy looked at the girl and saw confidence ooze out of her.

"Give it back." She said, leaving the boy confused.

"Sorry?" He said.

Su-bin sighed, "Give my bracelet back."

Min-seok's mouth gaped open and then chuckled, "Wow, you caught on."

Su-bin lightly laughed, "You're quite sly but not with me. I thought this whole meeting was weird."

Agreeing with the girl, Min-seok smiled. "I was serious about Han-wul though... let's talk again later."

"From stopping Min-seok from hurting himself for the thousandth time to, hanging out after school every day was something I never expected," Su-bin said.

Bora chuckled, "So he was a bad boy."

"Was? I am a bad boy, I just don't do that stupid shit anymore." Min-seok said.

Renjun raised an eye-brow and pressed an app on his phone. It was an app that NCT had created to add or search for people in their database.

So, discretely he searched Min-seok's name and surprisingly they had information on him.

KIM MIN-SEOK | Age: 21

Occupation: An intern at HONE-DESIGN

(hone-design is a real estate and home design company)

Location: Upper Kultur

- His father is the CEO of HONE-DESIGN

- His mother also works in HONE-DESIGN

- Studies at Kultur High University

- No siblings

- He was part of Red-X gang

(red-x is a gang that gets itself involved in financial matters)

"Renjun?" Su-bin questioned.

The boy switched his phone off and looked at the girl, humming in response. Su-bin slightly pouted at his uninterested demeanour and sighed.

"I'm sorry for dragging you out here. I let my excitement get the best of me." Su-bin said.

Renjun looked at her, his chest warming up, "It's fine."

His small reply left the girl a bit concerned, "We can leave if you want to. You don't have to stay anymore, it was more of a short celebration anyways."

Renjun took the opportunity and nodded, "Then, I'll be on my way."

He stood up and as he went to leave, he stopped. He looked back at the table and then looked at Su-bin who was on her phone.

Feeling his heart skipping a beat- he contemplated whether to stay or leave.

'No, I have to focus on my mission.' He thought.

"Min-seok, can I ask you something?" Renjun asked, averting his gaze from Su-bin.

"Uh... sure?" Min-seok answered.

The boy followed Renjun outside the building and looked at him.

"I wanted to ask if you know about con artists?" Renjun questioned.

Min-seok looked at Renjun curiously, "A bit yeah... why?"

Renjun nodded as he brought out his phone, "Do you by any chance know this group?"

He showed the image of the bracelet and Min-seok looked at the engraved word.

"C.HO3." Min-seok said character by character.

He pondered upon the name for a while and then gasped, pointing at Renjun in the midst of his thoughts.

"Yeah! They're these stupid amateur con artists! They go around the world for some stupid reason and recently they're here in Kultur!" Min-seok exclaimed.

Renjun widened his eyes in surprise 'Jackpot!' he thought.

"Really?" He asked, confirming what the boy said.

Min-seok nodded, "They usually go for rich people. Fuck, they even tried to con me because of my parents' company. Of course, I didn't fall for them but, yeah they're absolute idiots that get away every fucking time."

"You haven't been able to capture them?" Renjun asked.

"No. Their top man- Sunghoon actually works in the police force and for some weird reason the police haven't done a thing." Min-seok explained.

Renjun nodded, "They probably have connections with the police force somehow. How come not everyone knows about them?"

"They always do business in crowded areas which means, the busier it is the faster it is and many faces to remember, which equals to the person not being able to remember their faces" Min-seok answered.

"Why do you ask?" Min-seok questioned.

"I've bumped into them a few times and I'm pretty sure one of them tried to con Su-bin." Renjun answered.

Min-seok widened his eyes in surprise, "Those fucking bastards."

Renjun chuckled, "Don't worry, I think one of them is in our university so, I'm going to talk to them."

"