28

(i)

(i)

RENJUN sighed as he stood in front of a tall building- Hee-young's building to be precise. He was waiting for the whole interaction to be done quickly.

Su-bin hastily walked down the stairs and as she saw Renjun, she gave him a sweet smile. The boy didn't smile back and just offered his hand.

Su-bin looked at his and slightly pouted. "Oh..." She muttered.

She interlocked her hand with his and that's when she remembered- they were so awkward. The awkward silence had returned between them which made Su-bin frown.

"So... how was your day?" She asked.

Renjun shrugged his shoulder as an answer which made Su-bin slightly annoyed- she could never just stand in silence. So being the bubbly girl she is, she tried to start a conversation.

"When do you work?" She asked.

Renjun glanced at the girl, "Every day."

Su-bin gave him a small smile- relating to the situation.

"When do you work?" Hee-young asked.

"Oh, uh... I have three jobs." Su-bin answered as they packed up their belongings.

Hee-young looked at the teenager in surprise, "Why do you work that many jobs?"

Su-bin gave her a small smile, "Because, my dad can't afford that much and my mum isn't around so, I took the responsibility to work."

"Ah... so what times?" Hee-young curiously asked.

"Well... my first job is weekends; 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, second is Tuesdays and Thursdays; 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm and the third one is Mondays and Fridays; 5:00 am to 6:00 am," Su-bin explained.

"Why are you doing one-hour shifts? You won't get that much money." Hee-young said.

The two girls walked out of their school and Su-bin shrugged her shoulders, "I just wanted to help."

"Why not work for me?" Hee-young suggested.

"What?" Su-bin mumbled.

"My parents are looking for someone and well, they pay a lot of money so?"

"Are you feeling better?" Renjun asked.

Su-bin looked at him and hesitantly shook her head, it was a lie but she knew that she wouldn't see him again until they needed to.

"My head still hurts." Su-bin reasoned.

Renjun sighed, "Oh."

"Wanna hug?" She asked.

"What?" Renjun asked, his eyes widening.

Su-bin giggled, "Come on, I know you want to."

Renjun averted his gaze from her but, that didn't stop the girl from wrapping her arms around his waist. She laid her head on his chest and let herself relax.

Blinking, Renjun didn't know what to do. His heart rate accelerated and his arms lightly wrapped around Su-bin.

A blush crept upon his face which he hated. 'When will this end?' He asked himself internally.

After a few seconds of being wrapped around by his warmth, Su-bin broke the hug and smiled brightly.

"Thanks for the free hug! Also, I was already okay- I just wanted to know how it felt to hug you." Su-bin said and as she walked towards the building entrance she looked back, "You give really warm hugs!" She exclaimed.

Entering the building and leaving the boy alone, Renjun's face heated up at her comment.

"Warm hugs, my ass. What a waste of time." He muttered, feeling flustered.

He walked away, his mind unconsciously plagued with the hug and as he hailed a cab, he saw a vision of them hugging. 

"She likes it that much. Please- it's just a hug." He muttered with irritation.

As he entered the car, feeling flustered- his phone rang. Seeing the caller ID, it was Doyoung.

"Hi hyung." Renjun greeted.

"Hey Renjun, I searched a few things about this Sunghoon guy. It's definite that he's not in our industry and his occupation forms are very... spontaneous." Doyoung said.

"How so?" Renjun asked.

"Well, he was a pilot, then a chef, a bellboy, a bartender, a skydiver instructor and now a police officer. The year gap is weird and he has worked in various countries. You know what that means right?"

"That means... he's a con artist," Renjun muttered.

 he's a con artist," Renjun muttered