16

happy 600+ reads!

SIGHING for the umpteenth time, Su-bin pouted as she fidgeted with a few strands of her

SIGHING for the umpteenth time, Su-bin pouted as she fidgeted with a few strands of her. Her head was lying on a table in the cafe.

"He doesn't really converse with me." She said.

"Sooo- you want him to make the first move?" Min-seok questioned as he styled his hair.

Su-bin shrugged, "I don't know- I just... I didn't expect to be in such an awkward situation." Su-bin said with a frown.

"Then break the ice," Min-seok suggested.

"I tried." Su-bin sulked.

Min-seok shook his head, "No. I mean- why don't you make the first move?"

Su-bin lifted her head up and looked at Min-seok. 

"You think it'll work?" She asked.

"Binnie, it's time for you to stop thinking like you can't do anything. You're pretty and he's your soulmate. He doesn't hate you." Min-seok explained, his eyes still trained on his mirror.

Su-bin hummed in thought, "I don't know."

"Also, the orientation was really boring. I think I nearly fell asleep." Min-seok muttered.

Nodding in agreement Su-bin stopped herself and questioned why she was in the cafeteria. "Wait... what's the time?"

"One thirty-five," Min-seok answered.

Gasping, the girl stood up from her seat and began to hastily pick up her bag, and leave the cafeteria. Running out and towards her class, she internally cursed herself for being late to class.

Wrapping her hand around the doorknob, she calmed herself down for a few seconds and then opened the door. Hearing the professor speak- his back facing the class, Su-bin tip-toed her way at the back of the class.

It was just like she imagined, multiple rows of seats that descended and a huge whiteboard in front of the professor. As she sat down in a vacant seat that was in the middle, Su-bin took out her books and started writing what was on the board.

SHAKING his head in disappointment, Renjun glanced at Su-bin's late arrival. As he looked at her for a few seconds, Su-bin's eyes locked in with his.

He quickly averted his gaze back to his book and kept on writing, his heartbeat thumping against his chest. As he wrote the notes down, he started to question himself.

'I don't need to be this committed.'

'How do I get to know more about her?'

'What should I do to know where Hyeon-U is hiding?'

Slightly being distracted, Renjun drew in his book as he waited for the time to pass by. However, the time went slow- painfully slow.

Fidgeting with his pencil, Renjun stopped as he saw his phone lit up with a call. Panic fell over his face for a quick second but he calmed down as no sound was heard.

He declined the call even though Chenle was calling. After the call ended, Chenle had sent him messages that appeared on his lock screen.

dolphinlele🐬
have you got any info yet?

dolphinlele🐬
i heard from doyoung hyung that you found his daughter.

dolphinlele🐬
have you heard from her yet?

Renjun sighed as he flipped his phone and tried to busy himself. As he fidgeted with his pencil again, he overheard a few whispers behind him.

"Did you see his wrist? It has Su-bin's name." One boy whispered.

"Yeah. Are you sure he's soulmate with her? I've never heard about him."

"I bet he has no money."

"Poor Su-bin she got that guy as her soulmate."

"Yeah- he doesn't even look rich."

"He's kinda cute but, it's unfortunate that he has no class."

Rolling his eyes, Renjun ran his fingers through his hair. He was becoming impatient and frustrated at the foreign environment.

His ears had no choice but to listen to non-stop gossip about him but, the class finished as a few minutes passed by. 

Most of the students rushed out of the classroom whilst Renjun slowly packed up. He was beyond annoyed and just pissed off at the comments towards him.

After cleaning up, he hung his bag over his shoulder and walked up the stairs towards the exit. As he opened the door he heard Su-bin call out.

"Renjun! Wait for me!" 

She ran up to him as a bright aura surrounded the girl, the boy looked at her with slight curiosity in his eyes. He wondered how she could always look so lively and happy.

"What?" Renjun muttered.

"I thought- you know... we could hang out?" Su-bin said with a small smile.

Renjun raised an eyebrow and thought, 'This can help me.'

He nodded, "What do you want to do?"

"We could have lunch," Su-bin said with a bright smile.