20

(

(.) The lies that we keep to ourselves are never kept as a secret forever.

"WHAT did you say?" Hee-young asked.

"Huh? Oh... nothing. I just saw a vision from Renjun!" Su-bin answered, a blush on her cheeks.

"Ugh, you're always talking about that guy," Min-suk said in a pitchy voice.

"I forgot they were here," Su-bin mumbled under her breath.

"Actually, I think you two were made for each other!" Young-ja brazenly said.

"What?" Min-suk asked, surprised.

Young-ja smirked, "Two peasants. Fallen in love. Ha, god really knew what he was doing- he paired peasant one and peasant two together."

She laughed at her remark which was followed with Min-suk also laughing. Su-bin rolled her eyes at them, fixing up her hair through her phone camera.

"Well, at least I have a boyfriend." Su-bin bluntly said.

Min-suk gasped and Young-ja scoffed, "You're so hostile- just like a peasant!"

"Can we stop talking?" Hee-young snapped.

Young-ja wanted to argue but, Hee-young pointed to a group that walked towards them. "We have company."

Su-bin looked over and saw Bora approach them. She waved at her and the girl waved back.

As Bora and her friends reached the table, they all started to talk about planning her brother's party.

Su-bin stayed relatively quiet as the conversations went on, she just observed and listened to what everyone was saying. Bora looked at the girl next to her and nudged her lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked.

Su-bin hummed in question and then nodded her head. "I'm alright."

A few of Bora's friends caught onto Su-bin's behaviour and asked her some questions to try and lighten the mood.

"So, Su-bin... is it true?" One girl asked.

Su-bin furrowed her eyebrows, "What is?"

"You know... your soulmate. Is it true that he's dirt poor?" Another girl asked.

"Umm, no. Of course not. How would he afford to get into our uni if he was poor?" Su-bin questioned, becoming upset.

"True." Another girl muttered.

"But, I heard that he got a scholarship so, that can prove that he doesn't have that much money." 

Su-bin sighed, "Why are you girls interested in his financial struggles anyways? I'm rich- I can always help him if he does need money."

As anger festered in her stomach, she stood up and walked away- exiting the cafe. Bora followed the girl concerned about her.

Inhaling the fresh chilly air, Su-bin exhaled a huffed sigh and kicked at the loose gravel of the path. Letting her mind get lost in thought- she felt a pair of eyes on her again.

It was the same eery feeling she felt the other day.

Su-bin walked out of the cafe and as she waited for a taxi, she felt something was off. Her surrounding became eery, and as she looked around someone tightly held onto her arm.

Immediately trying to pull her arm away, Su-bin looked at the person and without hesitation, she punched them in the face.

"Ah! Fuck." The deep voice screamed.

Su-bin immediately pulled her phone out and looked at the person. She tried to take a good look at their face but she couldn't.

That's when she thought about the first hooded person she saw at the corner store. Her eyes widened in fear and immediately tried dialing the police.

The person lunged at Su-bin to grab the phone and as Su-bin dodged them, they managed to hold onto her wrist. She tried to scream for help but the person pulled the phone out and threw it onto the road.

Then they ran away. Su-bin stood still- stunned at the person.

She stopped thinking about the encounter and then looked at the sky.

"Who are they to talk about a person who could be poor? They have no right!" She vented out.

"Sorry about that," Bora said, appearing behind the girl.

Su-bin flinched at the sudden and unexpected presence. She shook her head at the apology.

"No, no- it's okay. It's not your fault." She said quickly.

Bora chuckled, "They are my friends, and plus they're just some rich girls looking for gossip"

Su-bin lightly giggled at the comment. Bora smiled and looked at the bright blue sky.

"But you know what?" She started.

Su-bin looked at the girl with curiosity, listening for her to explain.

"I think they're just jealous of you. You're so rich that you live in one of the richest apartments, you have great fashion, you have soo many followers, you're so pretty and you're friends with Hee-young!" Bora exclaimed with excitement.

Su-bin's eyes widened in surprise at the girl's compliments.

"Wow." She managed to say.

Bora awkwardly smiled and softly apologized for her outburst.

"It's just... you're one of the IT girls Su-bin. That's why i think you're so cool, you have a cool aura."

Su-bin was speechless, she knew that people praised her and told her that they loved her but, she never knew how much of an 'influencer' she was.

"Thank you." She softly said.

"Uh... we should go back now," Bora said.

Su-bin nodded in agreement and they both walked back inside the cafe.

"Hey! You girls are back! We've finalised the party." Bora's friends said.

As Su-bin sat back down, one of the girls looked at Su-bin. "Hey, we thought you could invite your soulmate over."

"Yeah! I wanna see what he looks like."

"Ooh yess! I heard he's quite handsome for a poor guy."