59

(iii)

(iii)

HEE-YOUNG sighed, "You better not forget me. Okay?"

Su-bin giggled, "How can I forget my best friend? Thank you Hee-young... for everything you've done for me. You're literally the best."

"What did I do? I did nothing." Hee-young muttered.

Pouting, Su-bin tightly hugged Hee-young. "You've always been there for me and without you, I wouldn't be able to live such a great life."

Hee-young rolled her eyes, "Well, you were really weird in school- I couldn't just leave you alone."

Su-bin dramatically sighed and as she crossed her arms, her wrist started to burn. She looked at Renjun's name and surprisingly the red letter had reverted back to black.

Widely smiling, Su-bin touched the inked name. "I'm gonna go see Renjun now!"

She slipped her handbag over her shoulder and picked up Oreo whilst on her way out. Walking downstairs, she stopped at the entrance and saw Renjun.

The boy was about to call her but he slowly dropped his hand, looking at Su-bin. She looked at how he held his right stomach and remembered the multiple bruises and cuts he had on his face.

Placing her pet on the ground, Su-bin walked toward Renjun with a bright smile. A light hue of pink brushed over Renjun's cheeks and he averted his gaze.

Su-bin engulfed the boy in a hug and sighed at the pain vanishing. Renjun hesitantly wrapped his arms around her, lightly hugging her.

"I missed you too Jun," Su-bin said playfully, looking up at him.

Renjun scoffed trying not to look back at her, "I didn't say I missed you. You're crazy."

Su-bin pouted, "Then why are you in front of my place?"

He didn't know how to answer her back. 'I wasn't worried about you.' He thought.

Su-bin looked over his angelic features again and before she could compliment him, Oreo meowed at her.  She looked at her and pouted, squealing at her cute pet.

Feeling half of his wounds heal, Renjun solemnly sighed as Su-bin broke their hug to pick up her pet. But, before she could pick Oreo up Renjun held her hand and pulled her back into a hug.

He leaned his chin against her shoulder and sighed in contentment as his wounds healed. Su-bin's face heated up at his sudden action.

"Renjun? Is something wrong"? Su-bin stuttered out.

"My stomach. It still hurts." Renjun mumbled.

Su-bin softened her tensed muscles and sighed with concern. "Should I get some medicine? If it still hurts we-"

"No. This is enough."

"O-oh... okay," Su-bin whispered.

Standing underneath the gorgeous orange sun, the sky turning into hues of pink and orange- everything felt tranquil. The calm brush of the wind didn't sway the couple and the sounds of vehicles driving by faded out.

Everything became placid. The atmosphere was something that both of them wanted to hold forever but of course, it was interrupted.

Renjun broke the hug as his phone rang. Looking at the ID, his eyes widened seeing 'BOSS' appear.

Turning away from Su-bin he answered the phone, his heartbeat slowly rising with anxiousness.

"Hello?" He said.

"I'm guessing you're with your soulmate." Taeyong coldly said.

Renjun's voice hitched at the mention of Su-bin, "How-"

"Did you forget that everything you use is mine?" Taeyong questioned sharply.

'Shit. I forgot to moderate our messages.' Renjun thought.

"B-boss," Renjun whispered.

"I'm giving you the next 24 hours to kill Hyeon-U or I will personally kill you, and Hyeon-U. And I don't care if Su-bin dies." Taeyong seethed out.

Clenching his jaw, Renjun sighed. 

"Of course boss. I'll complete the mission." He said softly.

Ending the call, Renjun turned back to Su-bin and gave her a weak smile. Su-bin furrowed her eyebrows with concern.

"Is everything okay? Who was that?" She asked tenderly, gently holding his hand.

"My boss and it's... nothing," Renjun answered.

At that moment, Renjun realised that he could never truly keep a relationship that wasn't work-related. Everything he did was work-related, and he could never have any wholesome or innocent moment for himself.

ARRIVING at the airport, Su-bin exited the vehicle and walked towards the entrance with her luggage. As she entered the airport, she immediately spotted her friends sitting down.

She walked up to them excitedly and tightly hugged Bora.

"I missed you too boo," Bora said, hugging her back.

Su-bin lightly giggled at her and then broke her hug, looking at her next target. Renjun.

As she approached him- the boy facing away from her, she stopped and listened to him talk.

"Make sure that Jingyi packs her things before Friday and that she completes her assignments. Don't worry about the paperwork- I handed them in 2 days ago also... do NOT buy her any more lemons. I swear her taste buds are going to die from eating and drinking lemons. Thanks again hyung- I didn't know Jaemin had left today." Renjun said.

As he finished talking, Su-bin grinned and attacked him with a tight hug.

"Are you moving?" She asked.