[17]-Dinner invitation

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

Before beginning the chapter, I would request my readers to please please check out my next one shot which is up in my book Tales from my heart.

This one shot is very close to my heart and is a quick read (just 5.7k words). It won't take much of your time, so please it's a request from your dear author, please read it and please do comment, even if you didn't like it. That would motivate me to bring up something better next time.

Also, since 3 one shots are up, please do tell me which one shot/ scene from any of the one shots is your favorite or made you emotional, if not teary eyed.

I would love to know your favorite one shot and your opinion.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 19/05/2022

Completed-12/07/2022

Published-13/07/2022

I was right now with my luggage at the reception of the hotel I was staying in ready to check out of it when I saw Adarsh sir walking in

"Good morning sir," I said, as soon as he stood up in front of me.

"Ready to fly?" he asked and I nodded.

"I just need to settle the bill then I will be on my way to the airport," I said.

"Great, I will drop you," he said.

"No...no sir, please don't bother, I will manage on my own," I said.

This person was playing with my head and I did not want my poor and fragile heart to break as I knew, we could never be together.

Our worlds were very different and I knew it.

Though I had agreed to be friends with him due to him being persistent about it, I still had to guard my poor heart.

"Sophia, come on. We already talked about it," he said and I sighed.

"Okay, let me settle the bill then," I said and turned to the receptionist to see her already looking at us, specifically at Adarsh sir with wide eyes.

"Yo...you are Adarsh Sharma?" she asked.

"Yes, the one and only," he said, taking his shades off his eyes, giving her a charming smile which I know was contagious for me.

"Oh my god," she squealed and immediately leaving her desk, came to our side.

Phishing her phone out of her pocket, she said, "Sir, if you don't mind, can I take a selfie with you?"

"Of course, why not?" he said with a wide smile and giving different poses with her, got many pictures clicked.