[1]-What could've been avoided

Hey my lovely readers?

How are you all?

The song here is a tribute to Sophia. The reason? You'll get to know in the later part of this chapter.

Please listen to it, it's really really good.

Before beginning, I have a request for you all.

One of my constant readers and supporters samiksha____singh has started her journey as a blogger. The link to her blogs is available on my wall. Please follow and support her, dearies. It would mean a lot to her and me.

Ready to explore my new book?

Hope you all enjoy it.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft-23/07/2021

Completed-17/05/2022

Published-17/05/2022

I was getting ready for office in my room when there was a gentle knock on the door

"Come in" I said, trying to make a knot out of my tie.

"Hey dad, good morning" I said when I saw him through the mirror.

"Good morning my son, how are you?" he asked.

"I am fine, just a little nervous" I said, keeping my tie on the bed, walking to him.

"Everything will be fine, my boy. Just remember, you're the boss" he said.

"I am not the boss, dad" I said to him.

"Yet" he added.

"Yeah yeah, but tell me honestly dad, did you have the same jittery feeling when you went to your first board meeting?" I asked him.

"Oh believe me, it was worse than you could imagine" he said with a gentle smile on his lips.

"Oh really? Tell me about it, please" I asked, sounding a little excited.

"You wouldn't believe it. I still remember, just to skip giving my opinion on anything important, I used to go to restroom, every fifteen minutes" he said, smiling.

"Oh my god" I said, laughing.

"Don't laugh my boy" he said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Sorry" I said, when I was a little sober.

"It's okay, even I laugh a lot thinking about it now" he said.

"Uncle must be really very upset with you" I said.

"Yes, he was. In fact, he decided not to take me with him for the next few meetings as it was very embarrassing for him" he said and I laughed even more.