[18]-She is just my assistant

Hey my lovely readers?

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

This chapter has a letter which will be read by Sophia and is in Italics. Please don't get confused.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 21/05/2022

Completed-15/07/2022

Published-16/07/2022

We were right now at our home and having dinner, with Raj

Mummy and Raj have a very good bond and I feel so happy about it but the only thing that bothers me is his feelings towards me.

Not for once did he let me feel awkward and I was thankful for that.

"So how was your trip?" Raj asked.

"It was good," I said, taking a bite from my chapati.

"How was your meet up with Adarsh Sharma?" he asked and I looked up at him to see him already looking at me with an intense gaze.

"It was good," I kept my answer short and did not give much details away but then just at the mention of his name I was reminded of how he had lifted me in his arms and dumped me on the passenger seat of his car.

The thought itself brought an instant smile on my lips and just then, I heard my mumma say, "Why are you smiling?"

I looked at her and shook my head.

"I know why you are smiling," I heard Raj say and I looked at him.

"Why?" I asked.

"You want me to tell aunty about it?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, challenging him.

"Okay," he said and turned to mumma.

"You know aunty, your daughter is happy because she got to meet Akash Sharma," he said and my eyes widened.

'Did his tongue slip and he said Akash instead of Adarsh' I thought.

"Akash Sharma?" mumma asked.

"Yes, you know Aman Sharma's son," he said and this time I was sure that he didn't slip, indeed he took Akash sir's name intentionally.

"Oh, he even called and convinced Sophia to attend this interview," mumma said.

"Oh is it?" Raj asked wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Sophia, by any chance do you like him?" mumma asked and I choked on the water that I was drinking.

"Oh god mom, no," I said, groaning once I was sober and saw mumma and Raj laughing their heart out.

I glared at mumma to see her giving me innocent look and I shook my head in amusement.