Preface

Taking the envelope she handed him and studying it carefully, he asked her "You...are you sure you want to resign?" Adarsh asked her.

Taking a deep breath, Sophia said "Yes, Adarsh Sir, I want to."

Taking predatory steps towards her, caging her between him and the wall, caressing her cheeks very lightly, he said "I've known you long enough to understand that this isn't what you want to do. Tell me, what's the matter?"

The way he was caressing her cheeks, was creating havoc in the pit of her stomach but she couldn't tell him the reason, not now, not ever.

Placing her hands over his big hands which were resting on her cheeks, she not meeting his gaze, said "Sir, please don't make it difficult for me. I...I can longer work with you."

"Have you really made up your mind?" Adarsh asked and she, simply nodded.

"Why?" Adarsh asked, almost in a defeated tone. His voice barely above a whisper.

"You're the most efficient employee I could ever get" he said.

"Because I...I love someone else and I am getting married to him" She said with tears in her eyes, looking down.

What happens when our hotshot and well to do billionaire Adarsh Sharma and his assistant Sophia Chaudhary start working as a team for his empire, cracking deals worth billions, had to part ways, not only professionally but personally.

The defeated tone, was it just because he was losing an efficient assistant or is there something more to it?

Join the ride of our protagonists Adarsh and Sophia to find out, what's written in their destiny.