[26]-Don't cry for me

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

An emotional chapter ahead dearies.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 14/06/2022

Completed-16/08/2022

Published-17/08/2022

It had been a few days since my breakdown in front of Sophia and we have grown closer than before

I agree that I felt attracted towards her in the beginning when I met her but now, I think that she is the best friend I had always needed.

She has been taking care of the business while we had cracked many important deals, all because of her efforts and inputs.

I could not help but only admire her, her intelligence, her ability to think out of the box and leading many projects when I am not in my office to supervise anything.

"Sir, the meeting with the Malhotra's is scheduled today," I heard her say.

"Not the Malhotras again," I said groaning.

She looked at me and shrugged.

"Did you get the BGV done for the new companies we are trying to collaborate with for the raw materials?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. The reports are here," she said and handed me four files, one for each of the company we were trying to collaborate with.

I just hummed and taking the files in my hands scanned them properly.

"Which company do you think we should consider?" I asked her opinion.

She seemed a little taken aback by my question but then I said, "What? Even your opinion matters isn't it?"

She smiled and said, "I think the Guptas will be a good choice."

I looked at their file and saw they had less clients as compared to the other three.

"Why?" I asked, looking at her while raising my eyebrow.

"Though they have less clients compared to the other options that we have but if you look at the customer feedback, their standards are high as compared to the other three," she said and I smiled.

When I looked at the files again, I noticed that indeed, what she said was true.

I smiled at her, which she returned, but then she averted her eyes.

I don't know why but I feel like since the day of my breakdown in front of her, she has been a little distant from me.

She laughs around everyone, plays like I wanted her to but then I feel as if the dynamics has changed between us.