[30]-Promise?

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Hope you all are enjoying my book so far.

I did enjoy the insta live session but why didn't many of you join me? I was waiting for you all and you all made me sad.

So, who all remember Akash's encounter with his family when his plan to set up hiw own empire was exposed?

If not, you'll see it here.

Before beginning, please listen to this song because someone very dear to me dedicated this to me today.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

1st draft - 30/06/2022

Completed-30/08/2022

Published-31/08/2022

It was already next day, and Akash had taken the next available flight to come home, but when he was travelling, he didn't know what was awaiting him

"How are you son?" Aman asked him once he reached home.

"I am fine dad," he said hugging him.

He broke the hug and went to his mom, and she kissed his forehead.

When he went to his uncle and aunt to touch their feet to take blessings, they did caress his forehead but didn't say anything, like every time they used to shower him with blessings and hugs.

Something was wrong.

Before he could ask them, what had happened, his eyes went to Adarsh but what surprised him was that he didn't even acknowledge him.

"Hey bud, what's up," Akash said, going to him.

"Fine," Adarsh said and walked away.

Akash then turned to his dad and mom, and they just gave him a weak smile.

"What happened?" he asked them.

"Nothing, you just freshen up, then we'll have dinner, together," his mom said, and he went to his room.

After unpacking his luggage, he went to the dining table where everybody was already seated.

"This looks yum mom," he said and took a bite of aloo paratha.

"You should thank your aunt. She was the one who made it," his mom said.

"Thank you, aunt. You know it has been so long I've had your handmade food," he said, enjoying the paratha(bread) made by her.

"You never used to thank me when I used to make food for you before. Why are you thanking me now?" she said in a harsh tone.

"It's okay, let him have his dinner in peace," Abhimanyu said to Neha.