«chapter fourteen: family ties»

___________________

___________________

BROOKLYN'S POV

Jake finishes his last song by the time Mr. Hall is at our table for us to order.

"You must be Brooklyn's friends," He smiles warmly.

"We are," M'gann confirms with a smile, "I'm Megan," She introduces herself before she goes down the list of people, everyone nodding and smiling at him.

"Hopefully you guys are keeping her out of trouble," He says jabbing his thumb to be before he whispers, "this one is a little trouble maker." He grins.

Everyone laughs, causing me to smile a little sheepishly because he has no idea.

"I'm kidding, Brooke is an angel," He waves his own comment away, "Always has been the sweetest."

"Okay, I think that's good enough," I cut him off, not really wanting to discuss how I grew up.

"You are stopping me before I can get to my stories of you," He points out disapprovingly.

"I know," I say, causing the table to laugh.

"Actually, I would love to here some stories of baby Brooke," Wally smirks and a few others voice their support, Dick being one of them.

I swiftly kick both Wally and him under the table, and they try their best to pretend it didn't happen, wincing ever so slightly.

"Are we talking about Brooke?" Jake asks, coming up behind his dad, "You were so cute when you were little. Your little pigtails."

"Hey," I warn him, causing him to smirk as he moves a chair in between Barbara and I. Barbara and Zatanna sit up straighter at this.

I shift in my seat a little as Dick grabs the bottom of my chair and pulls me closer to him.

Jake doesn't fail to miss this, sending me a knowing look before he waits after his dad gets everyone's orders and walks away.

I guess he is still trying to push Dick's buttons because the next thing he says is, "Fine, you are still cute."

I roll my eyes, "Jake, everyone, everyone, Jake."

"Nice to meet all of you," He smiles and I swear Barbara and Zatanna share a look.

Now it's just a guess at who gets him.

"So, you've known Brooke for a long time?" Mal asks.

"Yup," He nods, "Her brother and I were best friends. I think we hung out every day when we were 13." He says, looking to me for confirmation.

"Probably," I shrug, not really remembering much of the specifics. I remember struggling to balance my life as Catgirl with hanging out with them and with Hayley when we were friends. "Actually, he and my brother are the reason I am so good at go-cart racing."

catgirl ! shattered (nightwing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara