«chapter forty-one: surprises»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"It's your fault." There is a whisper in my ear.

"They are dead because of you." A different person, but the same topic.

"I am a monster because of you!" I heard this voice a week ago. The voice has been the one that has haunted me for years. The one voice that I can't ever forget.

"It's not my fault." I fight back, turning to look at her, but I only meet darkness.

"Then why are they dead?" Her voice is like ice as I continue to turn around to try and find her.

"They aren't!"

"It's your fault!" The voice gets louder.

"No." I cover my ears, trying to block it out. The voice is too much.

"My family. They are gone!" She is shouting now.

"No!" I press my hands harder on my ears in any last hope to drown out the sound.

"THEY ARE DEAD AND ITS YOUR FAULT."

I jolt awake feeling sick to my stomach and sweaty.

After I take a few breathes and making sure that I wasn't going to throw up, I quickly look around trying to find the one person who always calms me down.

And I told him to go out tonight on patrol.

Karma.

I look at the clock on the table beside the bed and read,'2:30.' He should be home in a while if not back now.

I wonder which one of the old Robins watched over me tonight. After today, I wouldn't be surprised if they all did. And I'm not sure if I would have minded it anyways.

It's kind of scary when you realize that you could easily go back to a place that you were trying to escape from for weeks now. Times like this makes me feel like I should forget everything having to do with Ra's al Ghul. But then he would win, and I refuse to let that happen. You can't just forget your fears, you face them and you tame them.

"You ok?"

I jump in surprise at the sudden voice.

"Sorry..." Dick says still dressed in his Nightwing suit. He must have just walked in.

"Y-Yeah." I rub my eyes,"You scared me."

"That's a lie." He says immediately,"You were sitting up when I came in. Don't lie to me." His tone changes to one of disappointment as he sits down on the bed.