«chapter thirty-one: visiting the devil»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  A chill goes down my back because of the light breath on my neck.

  I force my eyes open, but find that I can't turn due to the arm holding me in place.

  "Dick?" I whisper, trying to get out of his grip, my back to his chest, his arm left are acting as my pillow and his right holding me to him.

  He tightens it, doing the opposite that I need him to as he hums in response, still asleep.

  "Let go," I mutter as I turn to look at him, his face looking very cute when he is sleeping, making my expression soften as I run my hands through the hair hanging over his face.

  "No." He frowns in his sleep and pulls me closer, making my heart skip a beat.

  "No?" I question, slightly amused, "I need to pee."

  He lets me go immediately, still not even opening his eyes as he lets me slip out of the bed and go.

  As I wash my hands, I find myself studying the girl in the mirror.

  She looks like me, but there are differences than the last time I saw myself. From before all of this, before Ra's al Ghul took over my life. I look tired even thought I am getting more sleep now.

  My hair is grown out, needing another cut now. My skin is slightly paler than it would be if I were allowed outside, and my eyes don't look as alive as they used to.

  I can't help it. Not with the flashbacks and memories that keep haunting me. I can't. But I can find out what happened. I can fix this.

  I need to think back, way back. Every little detail may be something huge.

But where to start...

"Are you okay?" I hear a knock on the door.

I turn the sink off and dry my hands,"Yeah."

  He doesn't open the door, so I am guessing he trusts me.

  It feels good to be with him. To have him here and to know he is watching out for me. Yes, it annoys me how overbearing he gets sometimes, but it's nice to know that I can pee and not be scared of an assassin coming in and trying to kill me.

  It feels good to trust him again too. I always have trusted his judgement... but when I first joined, I couldn't... I didn't let myself trust him. Not because I didn't want to though, because I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't get close to anyone because of Hayley. And Ra's al Ghul, but I thought that was behind me at that point.

I brush my teeth real fast then open the door.

  A chill runs down my spine as the cold air surrounds me, but the air is soon replaced by a body.