«chapter seventeen: files»

___________________

___________________

NIGHTWING'S POV

  "The mission was successful, good job team." Aqualad praises the team, while I am to busy stuck in my own head.

  I don't know where Brooke is. She walked out of the Cave this morning and never came back. I know because I watched the cameras for her to make sure I didn't just miss her.

  "Remember that we will have a party at the Watchtower this month to celebrate the fact that the team will work out of both the Cave and the Watchtower. " M'gann reminds them, smiling cheerfully.

  Wally elbows me, making me look at him, 'Dude, did you and Brookalicious get in a fight or something? You are totally spaced out.'

  'No, I don't know where she is,' I say to them through the mind link.

  'I am sure she is fine.' M'gann reassures me, looking to me with a smile.

  'Yeah, I don't know if you have noticed, but she is tough.' Conner nods with a small, reassuring smile, 'After all, she faced Rogue here everyday for a month. That takes guts.'

'You guys ar-'

  'Dick, stop babying her. I know what you are doing and she isn't dumb, she will see it soon, if she hasn't already.' Artemis says bluntly. 'And I wouldn't be surprised if she kicked your ass for it.' Everyone gives her a look, 'What?! It's true.' She defends, shrugging.

  I sigh and look at Kaldur, 'You have any thing to say?'

  'Yes.' He says, surprising me as he nods, 'Trust her.'

  My eyes widen as I realize they think this is me not trusting her. 'I do trust her,' I defend. 'I don't trust the assassins after her. Would you guys not be stressed too?'

  Conner and Wally look at M'gann and Artemis briefly, 'Yes.'

  Kaldur looks down, 'I understand your concern as I would be concerned too.' He agrees before he looks back up at me. 'We will make sure she is safe, as would we for anyone else. One of us shall be with her at all times of the day, safe for night.'

  I nod gratefully, 'Thank you, guys, it means a lot. '

  They all smile and M'gann voices everyone's thoughts, 'You don't have to thank us. You aren't the only one that she has grown on.'