«chapter twenty-one: missing»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

My cheek stings. Hot pricks dance across it as I hear voices say,"Wake up. Come on, little girl, wake up."

A louder voice is shouting, making my head throb in pain,"Leave her alone! I swear, I will rip your head off if you touch her again!"

"Shut up!" Another voice shouts to her.

I force my eyes open, taking a few tries for my eyes to flutter open. While they do, a rough hand grabs my chin and forces me to look up.

"There she is," He snares, "I told you, my boy didn't hit her to hard." The man that had the brown coat on says with a smirk, looking back at a woman wearing what I recognize immediately as as shadows outfit.

They have me.

The man lets go of my chin and I let my throbbing head fall back onto the cold, hard, concrete wall.

She looks at the man calmly,"You are lucky, the master wouldn't be pleased if she was hurt before he had a chance to-" her eyes find mine and she cuts herself off, smirking slightly. "I will tell him that you are awake." She says instead, leaving the room.

The man, who clearly is just a thug on the street, stays put in his spot, and is watching us curiously. He doesn't know what's going on.

My body feels stiff, and I know why when I try to move; cuffs are placed at both my hand and feet, tying me to the wall.

"Are you-"

"No, talking."

The first voice makes my head snap up to the opposite side of the room; Artemis.

She is in the same state as me, but I see a collar on her. I look down at my neck and see a matching one for me. 

Her eyes flash to the man with hatred,"I will talk when I want to talk, you little-"

"Now, now, Artemis. That isn't a way to talk to someone. " A chill is sent down my back and the hairs on my neck stand on end. Ra's al Ghul.

He is wearing a smile as he turns to me,"Nice to see you again, Brooklyn."

The way he says it makes it seem like we are old friends, and have run into each other at the store.

I just stare at him," What, nothing to say?" He asks, cocking his head to the side, his arms folded behind his back.

"I would say the same, but I was taught that lying was bad," I spit out. In a second, my head is slammed into the wall by the girl, making the already throbbing spot worse. I bite back a whimper, my steady gaze fixing on her.