«chapter twenty: falling»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  The first thing I realize is the wind violently blowing my hair in all different directions. The second thing is that I am falling.

  My body is shutting down, and I can't figure out how to fix it. This is why I hate feeling numb in anyway shape or form.

Come on, Brooke. You've got this...

  I see the ground getting closer and closer. That's when my mind snaps back and I move my legs behind me to touch the building. I grab my whip and wrap it around a lamppost, before I run on the side of the building for as long as I can.

  My feet catch each other when I am a few feet in the air, making me trip. I duck and flip off of the building, letting my whip carry me over the sidewalk then I let go so I don't hit anyone.

  My back arches in pain as I land roughly, making me fall off of the roof of the parked car.

That's going to leave a bruise...

  When people start to crowd around me, I get to my knees then my feet, tripping along the way. They back away, not knowing what is happening and looking at me like... well I just fell out of the sky.

  I steady myself as my communicator buzzes to live.

  "Cat, are you okay?" Bruce's dead voice comes into my ear. " I hacked the cameras to see why it was taking so long, but you weren't on them."

  "I'm fine..." I roll my left shoulder back and forth," Just bruised. Where do we meet? "

  "The Cave, everyone should be at the Watchtower. I will see you there. "

  "Wait, should be?" I ask, confused as to why he still isn't there. "Aren't you there? "

  "I stepped out, I don't enjoy the parties as much as others. "

  "Of course. " I laugh, but stop when my rib starts to hurt as I wince. "See you soon. "

______________

NIGHTWING'S POV

  "Anything? " Wally asks behind me. I shake my head and try to find out where her Zeta-Tube went. That's the only way she could have gotten out of the Watchtower.