«chapter three: he's coming»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

Gamma squad walks into the Cave with me in front, Beastboy, Wondergirl and Red Robin smiling like crazy.

"That was awesome!" Wondergirl says causing the others to nod in agreement.

To my surprise, when I got to the Cave today, Aqualad was smiling at me and Nightwing was obviously upset.

"We want you to lead Gamma squad today," Aqualad said, causing me to raise and eyebrow at Nightwing.

"We?" I ask, causing him to soften his expression.

"I... I think it would be beneficial to Wondergirl and Beastboy to have you as a leader to see how covert operations are supposed to go. Red Robin will also be on Gamma." Aqualad reworded his statement.

"Sounds more accurate," I said smirking slightly, "And you don't think it's a good idea?" I asked Nightwing.

"Well, yes, but-"

"Good, where are the kids?" I interrupted.

That was earlier today, and we just got back from the mission.

Things didn't exactly go according to plan but that's usually what happens here.

"I know, what are the odds that we ran into Catgirl's ex!" Beastboy exclaims getting the attention of everyone in the room.

I glare at him as Nightwing, Wally, Artemis and Zatanna, surprisingly, look at us.

"Gar, you weren't supposed to tell them that!" Wondergirl scolds for me.

Gar's face falls and he says, "I thought we weren't supposed to tell them the other thing?"

I face palm, earning a few snickers from the group watching before I say, "Okay, let's just not talk about it. And he wasn't my ex, just a guy who used to work for Harley." I add.

"He called you hot stuff..." Wondergirl says confused before I give her a look. "Umm-right, no he didn't call her that he called her umm-"

"You guys can go," I cut her off with a smile, "Good job tonight." Wondergirl and Gar smile at me before they leave and I turn to Red Robin and raise and eyebrow, "Anything you want to add."

"I'm good," He smiles at me.

"Actually I want to know more about this ex of yours." Zatanna says smirking slightly.

"Me too," Artemis says, and she doesn't fail to notice Dick's glare at her.

I open my mouth to say something but and cut off.