«chapter twenty-four: procedure»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

My head is slammed into the wall as a voice shouts,"Up!"

I hear my blood rushing in my ears, pounding painfully."Please, was the magic word," I retort darkly, glaring at the man, his grip still on my hair.

The guard drags me off of the floor, "You are lucky that I can't hurt you. " He spites out, causing me to glare even more.

Says the man that just slammed my head into a wall. Really?

He unhooks my chains and wraps them around his hands, pushing me toward the door as if I were some dog on a leash.

I give him an unpleasant look before I turn back to the front. Despite the anger I feel, I can't act on it right now without having an actual plan.

If I am going to be here for a while, I might as well name the man... hmmm. Pablo.

"Where are we going, Pablo?" I ask, looking back at him.

"What? Who the hell is Pablo?" He mutters to himself.

That's the first name I could think of while Artemis is screaming her head off in the back ground.

I didn't know there were so many bad words someone could say to another person... and that's saying something. I lived with Harley.

"I promise you, I am gonna-" She screams, but they cut her off.

"I am coming for you too. After her. Your time is coming." He smirks as he looks at her.

"YOU CAN TRY. CAT-"

I start wiggling away from the guard. I have to at least try to get away for Artemis' sake.

"I need help!" Pablo grunts as I wrap the chains again and whip him into the wall. He looks up at me with a bloody nose. Good, the food was terrible. And so was his attitude. I should leave a bad yelp review.

"You little-"

"You already called me that, be more original." I say, cutting him off before I kick him in the head two guards grab me from behind. "Let go!" I hiss and squirm in their grip, but they don't let go.

I am guessing that these guys, unlike Pablo, aren't new here.

"Use it." One of them says grabbing my arm to keep me still, but I elbow him in the face.

I feel a prick on my other one as Pablo sticks me with something.

My muscles feel tried immediately, and I almost fall down from it.