«chapter thirteen: a hot guitarist»

___________________

___________________

BROOKLYN'S POV

The car ride was a little awkward.

  Wally and Artemis didn't say anything, but Dick and I were practically glued to the hip. I held his hand on my lap, scared to let go of it because of what I would see.

  He somehow understood and wrapped his arm around me as I stared out of the window, his thumb rubbing my shoulder lightly.

  I could tell he was having a conversation with the other's thanks to M'gann, but I couldn't care at the moment.

  Ra's al Ghul's words were still echoing in my head and I just needed it quiet.

  I closed my eyes and leaned my head against Dick's shoulder, him pulling me closer in response.

  When we did get to the place we were eating at, he carefully woke me up, but I didn't even fall asleep. I was still thinking.

  He guides me in with the others, our hands still together.

  I sit down next to Dick, Artemis and Wally sitting in front of us.

  Barbara sits down next to me, and Zatanna sits down across from her, seated between Artemis and M'gann. Raquel sits down next to her, leaving Conner and Noble to sit across from them. Karen and Mal take the end spot on both sides.

  Dick finds my hand under the table, squeezing it as my thoughts finally start to clear from what happened less than an hour ago.

  It's only then that I start listening in on everyone else's conversation.

  "Yeah, there is this really hot guitarist here," Zatanna grins as she answers why they picked this place.

  "You came for a hot guitarist," Wally deadpans as if he wouldn't have done the same if he were single.

  Barbara smirks, "Zatanna and I just wanted to check it out. Make sure it's a legit place."

  Dick raises an eyebrow at this, "Right, no other reason."

  Zatanna and her share a smirk before we all start laughing.

  Artemis shakes her head and looks down at the menu.

  And when I do the same, I freeze, my eyes widening.

Oh shit.

I should have known with the hot guitarist.

Oh shit.

This is bad, this is like really bad.

  "Cat," Conner says, leaning to look at me, "Are you okay..." He asks, waiting for me to answer. When I don't he says, "your heart rate just sky rocketed."