«chapter two: someone's watching»

___________________

___________________

BROOKLYN'S POV
( a few days later)

I sigh and lay my head on the table. I just got done fighting Bane, which isn't that easy of a job.

I hear a low chuckle behind me and without looking up I know who it is, "Jeez, an, 'Are you okay?' would be nice, too." I huff out before feeling pressure on my back.

"Sorry, are you okay?" I look up to Nightwing, rubbing my back.

"Of course, I'm not weak." I scoff, like I am offended he even asked me that. His eyes narrow into a 'really' look. "Kidding, but I am fine."  I laugh at his reaction.

"You should probably go home and rest, everyone else did." He tells me, walking back to the main room.

"All of the fun happens at night. Crime loves the night. Plus you aren't leaving, why should I have to?" I ask.

"You don't have to it was just a suggestion." He starts tapping on the screen, and despite what he is saying, I get the feeling he doesn't want me to leave either.

I lay my head on his shoulder blade, his muscles flexing as he types on the computer.

We haven't told the team about us dating yet and we haven't been acting like anything is different. It really isn't. We still care and worry for each other, still try to protect each other.

The only big difference is the fact we touch more. When no one is around he grabs my hand, and squeezes it. Same goes for when I rest my head on him, or when we rub the others back. Other than that, we don't really make it a point to be a couple when we are working, which is exactly what we agreed on.

I pick my head up from his back after a few minutes, trying to read the screen over his shoulder.

"Files, I am almost done." He replies. I nod, forgetting he can't see me, and lay my head back down. Times like this is the only time we can be an actual couple.

We both agreed not to tell the team just yet. Of course they probably know somethings up, because I am not arguing too much. Wally, Artemis, M'gann, Kaldur, and Conner know somethings up. I am pretty sure Dick told Wally, then Wally told Artemis, then Artemis told M'gann, then M'gann told Conner, who told Kaldur. But the others don't know.

"Done." He shuts down the computer and turns to me.

"We should go on patrol!" I exclaim smiling up at him.

"Weren't you just tired?" He asks laughing. I narrow my eyes and pout causing him to sigh and hold up his hands in surrender, "Ok, patrol it is."