«chapter four: telling the truth»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I pull my head in my hands as Artemis processes everything I just told her, "He is going to be so mad." I repeat over and over to myself.

"He won't-" I cut her off.

"I told him I didn't want any more lies between us!" I look up at her, desperately, "But I couldn't tell him, how do I tell him when he barely started to trust me?"

She puts a hand on mine, stopping me before I can talk again, "You didn't lie... you just didn't tell him or us. I know how you feel. Trust me, I didn't mean Wally to know about my family." She says, her eyes fill of understanding. "Dick trust you. He knows you, we know you. You won't do anything to hurt us, I know that. And they know that too." She reassures me.

I blink at her, feeling like I am going to throw up from being so nervous. I lay back my head on her couch and groan, "He is going to hate me." I run my face.

"I didn't know you cared this much about what he thought of you." She says watching me with an amused expression.

"It surprised me too, trust me," I mutter, "but I do care." I sigh.

"I know. I guess it was building up all this time." She smiles trying to help by switching the subject.

"I guess you couldn't tell when I was ignoring him, or fighting with him." I laugh humorlessly, playing with my hands.

She watches me for a moment before he says, "Don't worry, you will be fine. I just can't believe you are more worried about how he will react, than that you are being hunted." She exclaims.

I shrug and give her a forced smile,"Yeah. I think I will tell him tonight." I look at my phone. 7:49 p.m.

I came here around 3:00, and have been trying to tell her everything. It took sometime for me to actually explain what happened.

"Where is Wally?" I ask confused that he hasn't come back yet,"He has been gone for nearly four hours."

"That's normal, his favorite food is everything." Artemis laughs, shrugging.

I laugh,"Of course. He probably told Dick I was here, didn't he?" I ask biting my lip.

"Yeah..." She replies awkwardly, "Stop worrying! You will be fine, promise."

"Ok. I would have never thought I would ever worry about this." I sigh.

"Me either. I mean you hated each other." She agrees.