«chapter thirty: opening up»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  Kaldur locks the door as soon as we step foot in the apartment.

  We stare at each other for a few moments, not sure what to do now.

  "Umm, what would you like to do?" He clears his throat, rubbing his neck. He is unsure of how to deal with me, which is fair considering he has only seen me when I have been bickering and fighting with Dick.

  "I don't care, we could watch a movie. " I mutter, curling up into a ball on the couch. He opens his mouth, but I answer before he can ask," You pick the movie."

  The pillows on the couch are really comfortable, and big, so I can almost hide in them.

  He nods, and starts digging in a cabinet under the TV. I guess he has been here before; he seems to know what to do.

My eyes move to look around the room.

  It is a good size and while I have been here before, I never actually get to look around.  It is actually cleaner than last time, I guess he doesn't spend much time here after everything.

  "Would you like a blanket?" He asks before sitting down.

  I shake my head and watch him sit down on the opposite side of the couch from me.

  An awkward silence fills the air as we wait for the movie to start.

  To my amusement, he picked The Little Mermaid.

  "Do you like this movie?" I decide to ask, hoping to cut away some of the tension. My eyes watch him, as he looks to me.

  He smiles somewhat sheepishly, looking a little weird on him because I have only ever seen him in a leadership role. He always seems so sure of himself. "Yes, it reminds me of home..." He confesses, surprising me,"We do not have to wa-"

  "I didn't say I didn't like it," I say, cutting him off, with a a small smile, "It's a great movie." say, hoping to calm him down.

  He gives me a grin, a real one this time as he says,"It is indeed. I watch it when I miss my home."

  I nod, watching his grin fade a little as he looks down,"Do you visit a lot?"

  "When I can, though it is hard," He admits, before he looks back to me, "What about you? Do you visit your... family?" He words his sentence carefully.