Chapter 16

Annabeths POV
Back to Camp

The play ended and Percy leans in and kisses me slowly, I brace it and kiss him back willingly.

We walk back to grand central and grab a SmartWater from one of the Cafés in the food court.

<><><><><><><><><><>

On the train ride home, I rest my head on Percy's shoulder. So much went through my head, mostly questioning who I can get for one more bridesmaid. But still so much more.

"Percy"

"Hm."

"Do I need 5 bridesmaids"

"No. I mean why do you?"

"It's just. I don't know. What's the point in worrying right?"

"Right."

"So that would be Thalia, Pipes, Hazel and...Rachel?"

"Yep." He answers "And your 5 best men. And that's Tyson, Jason, Grover, Frank and Leo...who has gone missing!"

"Yeah that worries me too..." I say "Leo can't not be a best man."

Back at camp, I meet with Piper and the girls after dinner to see the finished and newly bedazzled (as Piper calls it) bridesmaid dresses.

Rachel try's hers on first: Slightly Ruffled and strapless.

"The ruffles go well with your hair." I say smiling.

"Ha. Ha."

Hazel try's hers on. Hers was strapless too-and I'm assuming all of them are. Her straps are tied in a bow behind her neck. The bottom was also lightly laced.

Thalia's dress was short and simple. It had a tight neckline with a small oval hole in the center and went up her neck.

And finally Piper tried on her dress. Hers hung loose off the shoulder.

"Wow Pipes. Great job!" I say smiling
"Thanks Chase"
"This is gonna be a great wedding"

::;::;:;::;:::;::;::;:

I bid the girls goodnight when I hear a big crash in the woods.

"What the..."

I walk out to the woods before someone beat me to it. And that someone was Leo Valdez.

"Leo? Leo!" I shout "Where in Olympus have you been?!"

"Sorry. But I have a bigger problem." He says motioning to the girl he was carrying.

"Um...who is this." I ask

"My Girlfriend."

"What?! Since when did Leo Valdez have a girlfriend?"

"Since I rescued her last night."

"Leo. you've been gone for almost 2 weeks. "

"Yeah yeah I know...timings different there-"

"Different? How can you be a place 2 weeks from-"

"Okay. Annabeth I know your gonna kill me but please shut up and just help me get her to the Medical Wing?!"

"Fine." So I grab her arm and wrap it around my shoulder.

"Who is she anyway?"

"Shes...well I'll explain later."

"And ya know you could've told us you were gonna disappear for 2 weeks."

"Yeah sorry 'bout that."

"What's wrong with her?"

"She got bit. By a huge Python thing."

"Lovely."

At the Medical Wing, the Apollo Children start examining her and asking Leo a bunch of questions.

"How long has she been like this?"

"Well...about a day and a half. But it seems like she got worse. She just fainted when we landed"

"Okay so if the bite was venomous, we've got a problem." Will Solace tells us.

"Okay..."

"But hopefully if it's not-we'll give her some Ambrosia and she'll probably be alright."

"Hopefully?"

"Yeah hopefully"

Suddenly Percy Iris Messages me.

"Hey-can't talk right now." I tell him.

"What's going on? Is that Leo?!"

"Yes. That is Leo."

"What? What happened? Where are you?"

"At the Hospital Wing. I'm fine don't worry. I'll see you tomorr-"

"Wait is that? No. That can't be..." He says looking at the girl.

"What? Do you know her?"

"Calypso."

"Who?"

"Her name is Calypso. I've been to her island and-"

"What?"

"She can't ever leave the island the gods banished her from the real world, it's definitely not easy."

"Well that explains the bite on her thigh. Leo said it was raining snakes-literally."

"Okay I'm coming over there."

"Percy-" the Iris Message ends and I just wait here expecting a curious son of Poseidon coming any minute.