Chapter 14

Percy's POV
Radio City

Annabeth and I walk into Radio City music hall. Through the crowded people, she grabs my arm and I lead her over to the concession stand. We buy a bucket of popcorn and a soda.

"You excited?" I ask

"Well. Yeah, I don't really know what to expect. Growing up in California, and being at Camp Half-Blood hasn't exactly given me the chance to be a tourist."

I laugh "I know The big Apple like the back of my hand. I'll guide you."

"Are you sure I'm the one in need of assistance?" She grins.

"No actually you...seem okay by yourself."

"Oh don't worry I still need you Seaweed Brain."

"Owl Face"

"Kelp Brain"

"Okay you win"

"I know I always do"

I sigh, "Alright lets go."

We walk up to the mezzanine. We were at the top, right next to the doors.

We sit and watch the Orchestra practice as everyone settles in their seats. Annabeth and I do know how to play an instrument now. We learned in college up at Ithaca. I play the trumpet and she plays the cello. Us and the rest of the seven all learned to play a musical item, we called ourselves the "Spectacular 7". (or the "Sizzling 7" as Leo calls it)Piper learned to play the flute, Frank took up on the Tuba, Hazel can play the violin, Leo plays the clarinet, and Jason plays the trombone.
We tried to get Nico to do it but the only thing he let himself play was the triangle. But we did get Reyna to play the piano once. She said she and Hyla learned before they arrived at Circe's island. She said she was rusty but I thought she sounded very nice.

Annabeth offers me popcorn and interrupts the flashback I have back when we played together at a ceremony in homer of the deaths lost after the war. This was in our first year of college.

"Percy?" He says and waves a hand in my face. "Earth to Seaweed Brain..."

"Oh sorry, got carried away by the music."

"It's supposed to start in 5 minutes." I say checking the blue watch she gave me for Valentines Day this year.

"Love you." She says resting her head on my shoulder.

"Love ya too Wise Girl."

She kisses me on the cheek as the curtains open.