Chapter 14

Leo's POV
Searching

I can't find her anywhere. Both Calypso and the Serpent are gone, and that can't be good. I run into the forest just as I here something quiet behind me. I turn around just to see the serpent in my face. She grabs my neck and lifts me off the ground slamming me against the tree. She does it again, and again, and.....

Blackness. I can't see or hear anything. and before I know it I hear a scream. Someone was screaming my name. At first, it sounded like my mother but then, reality hits me like a truck.

I wake my self and slowly open my eyes. The beast slithers towards Calypso and she stands there in terror Her dress was torn and she was pretty banged up with bloody scratches and dirt on her face and body. The scaled lady grabs her and does the same she did to me. I witness Calypso's fragile body being slammed against a big fat tree. Her eyes start to flutter closed.
What am I doing? I ask myself and stand up hazily and rummage trough my tool belt. No. I think There's no time. So I look around and think How did Calypso save me? I jump to my senses and run the the nearest tree and shake it and coconuts rain down on me.

A part of me set the coconut on fire because of my anger at the creep. And another knew it would be more painful.

And it was. It hit her and the scaled thing started to scream in pain awakening Calypso. She comes to her senses and grabs a nearby stick and hits the serpent in the head. I grab another coconut/fireball and pelt it at her again. Then I just start to throw fire at her until she withers to the ground. The thing lets out a ear-splitting shriek. Calypso runs over to me and I grab her hand. The snake dissolves and everything is silent.

Only until I realize we just read the last page of her book-now we have to finish the epilogue.