Chapter 15

~Calypso's POV~
The Serpents Epilogue

It started when the long scaled worm fell mysteriously onto my shoulder. Leo notices it first and grabs my stick and whacks it out of my hair.

It wasn't long until they started literally falling from the sky-literally. Snakes. They were everywhere. Something was definitely stirring.

"We should get back to the Argo." Leo says as 2 serpents fall onto him. "Quickly."

"Agreed" I say disgusted. So he grabs my hand and we jog out of the jungle. We're almost out of the jungle when I feel something tug at my leg. I look down and see a fat slimy snake coiling around my ankle. Leo lets go of my hand and I face plant on the ground.

I look up just as he turns around.

"Calypso. Don't-move." he says trying to be calm.

"You sure about that? Because I can already feel it moving up my leg."

"Yeah, yeah I know hun." He says sarcastically "But sadly I haven't delt with a boa constrictor slithering up my girlfriends leg before!"

"Well please be smart and make a move before it does!"

"Umm...lets see here." He pokes it with a long stick. He pokes it again fiercely. It hisses at him.

"Oh no please don't hurt me. Uh oh."
But it doesn't hurt him. I realize this as I feel the scales slither back up my dress quick and bite my thigh. I grunt in pain.

"Calypso? Calypso! Ohhhhh this is not good. This-"

"Yeah I know hot stuff" I say and I feel the snake loosen on my leg. I look down to see no serpent at all. Maybe the snake wasn't there, but I sure felt pain.

Leo helps me up only for me to fall to the ground again. This time he half carries me to his ship.

-----------

I must've blacked out. I'm in a strange room alone. Leo was nowhere to be seen. I open my eyes and wipe off the sleep crust. And I lift off the covers to look at my bite. It was bandaged up. And the bandage was wet with blood.

"That can't be good" I mutter. I take off the bandage and throw it away. And man that thing had fangs. Big ones. I just hoped they weren't venomous. I here a knock at the door.

"Hey Sunshine" he smirks

"Hello there."

"How's your little bite there?" He asks.

I look at the bite, then him, and I sigh.
"Well..."

"It's not getting better is it."

"...no."

"Yeah. For now, your just gonna have to bear through it. The Apollo Cabin is the best there is when it comes to weird monstrous injuries."

"When will we arrive at your Camp?"

"Mmmmm, approximately 5 hours and 34 minutes."

"Okay so I have time for a shower. Or maybe even a bath."

"Well. It depends on how long you take to shower!"

I look in the mirror at myself. I didn't even recognize how I was at first. Pale and dirty with grime and blood. I needed a shower. I willed myself clothes (since we left my suitcase behind by accident) which was unusually hard because of my bite. Black sweats and a white tank top. I untie my hair and jump in the shower.

---------

When I finish showering, I nearly drop to the floor because of tiredness, but mostly the pain. I get up, dry off and brush my hair sitting on the bed because of it multiple knots. Finally, I roughly dry my hair with a towel and put my clothes on, black sweats, and a white tank top. I lazily get in bed before passing out completely.