Chapter 24 : Princess is Back!

~ [27/05/2022]

MORNING—

With the tender morning sunlight slipping through the window in Taehyung's bedroom and falling on your face, you wake up from your dream world. The dream that you no longer remember but had left a smile on your face. Must be a happy dream!

You wrinkle your nose and scrunch your forehead trying to stretch your sleepy body. But you aren't able to move. 

Oh! You realize.

You are trapped in the cage of Taehyung's muscles who is still sleeping soundly. Your back is facing him and his hands, one under your neck like a pillow and the other around your waist. He is sleeping as if he is hugging a teddy bear with one of his legs on yours.

This feels so homely, so right! 

This moment is heavenly!

Your eyes fall on his hand on your waist. His fingers are slim and long, actually, very long. His hands must be around 20 cm and you wonder how little you look to snuggle into him. 

It is all cozy and comfy. You don't want to wake up and just be there, like a rabbit inside its burrow. 

But then, the digital clock, resting on the nightstand beside the bed annoys you displaying 8:00 am in the morning.

You gently move out of Taehyung's cuddling grip and sneakily get back to your room, the room that you use as his assistant. But then you remember, you don't have your stuff. You need to bring everything back.

You just freshen up and wear one of the smallest white T-shirts of Taehyung, which is still oversized for you, and a track pant which he barely wears.

Tick - tok - tick - tok - TING! 

You hear your toaster popping up the crunchy bread slices. You make some omelets and as soon as you fill the table with a delicious breakfast, Taehyung comes and hugs you from behind.

"Good morning princess!" He whispers in his morning raspy voice.

Oh god! Not that princess thing again. It just... It is just doing something to me.

It's like a magical spell that destroys all of my six senses.

But the princess thing isn't bothering you as much as you expected. The memories of last night, the misty night of confession at that fountain pool hovers all over your mind, making you all shy.

That actually makes you blush and smile a little.

Locked by his strong arms, you turn around to face him, put your arms around his shoulders and say, "Good morning Mr. Kim!"

He chuckles. Chuckles at your sudden formal words with informal actions.

You pull your head back a few inches to admire his entire morning face. But he just... he just buries his face between your neck and shoulder, hugging you tightly and leaving butterflies all over you.

You can't help but hug him back with all warmth and tenderness. His smell is affecting you. Affecting you to the extent that you forgot that the food on the table is getting cold.

A few moments later, you remind him that he is already getting late for the office and the food is getting cold.

Keeping you in his arms, he speaks against your skin, around your neck, which tingles you.

"I guess I told you already, I'm working from home today!"

And suddenly you remember how Taehyung asked you to leave his office after getting that letter from Namjoon and calling Hobi.