Chapter 5 : Gwangju Trip

~ [01/05/2022]

THE TRIP--

It is almost 10 am! The weak morning sunshine is glowing up your bare face. You get ready and wait for Taehyung in the car with all the luggage packed. 

The weather is so nice. It is not too cold, not too hot, just perfect! The sky is clear with the bunch of birds flying across the non-cloudy ocean. Beautiful! 

Taehyung steps out of the house, locking it properly, in his high neck T-shirt and black lengthy coat. His bangs are covering his forehead prettily and his shoes... well they don't make much difference to his height. He is already tall and perfect!

Woah! He looks like a real CEO. Wait! He is a real CEO! lol!

He hops into the car and you start the engine. It has been barely 5 minutes and the handsome guy sitting beside you plays his Spotify playlist. 

His music taste is quite amusing, doesn't match mine at all. I mean, who plays jazz on a drive?

Ignore it Y/n and drive with the joyful atmosphere outside.

You drive and drive and now it's been around 2 hours since that Jazz playlist is playing. You cannot handle it anymore. You need different songs or maybe no song at all. With the beginning of a new Jazz song, when you take a quick peek at Taehyung, you find him fallen asleep.

Good! I can take his phone and pause the song.

You stop the car midway, slowly slide his phone from his hand and successfully pause the song.

Mission complete! 

However, your eyes fall on a coffee shop and you love coffee from the bottom of your heart. You sneakily step outside to buy some coffee and cookies for yourself. However, Taehyung doesn't like it. He HATES it! So you get hot chocolate for him.

You come back and he is still sleeping like a baby. The sunrays falling right on his pretty face are making him shine like a diamond. 

How can someone be so adorable?

It is the first time that you get to admire his beauty this close and for this long. His heavy-lidded sleepy eyes reminds you of the first time when you met him. His mono and double eyelid make him so unique and powerful at the same time. His stare is not a joke, covered by his perfectly thick eyelashes. His lips... they are just naturally attractive. His slightly fuller upper lip makes the bow fit perfectly. 

Who would be that lucky woman to complete his curvy bow! 

I didn't hate him before but I didn't like him either. Maybe... maybe I like him now, obviously as his assistant but...b-but I cannot strongly deny that his soft side is intermingling with my emotions! 

You tenderly slip your fingers through his silky hair and muffle it gently enough to not wake him up. You keep staring at his soundly sleeping face until you realize that it's almost 12 pm and you turn back to your steering.

With the sudden start of the engine, he wakes up and asks, "Did we reach already?" You deny and hand him the hot chocolate with a smiley face. Without saying anything, he starts drinking, holding the cup with his two hands like a little kid. For some reason, he is so happy and you wish you can see that glow on his face every day.

Such a little kid!

Densely, the sky starts filling up with dark gray clouds and conceals the sun. It is mid-afternoon but it is almost dark outside. Every vehicle has their headlights on and no sooner you realize that, it starts thundering and lightning out of blue.