Chapter 17 : The Man in the Suit

~ [14/05/2022]

"Hyung!" exclaims someone from a few meters away which made Taehyung step back abruptly. 

You sigh and get a grip of yourself. But wait! You remember this sweet voice. 

As soon as Taehyung steps back, you roll your eyes towards that voice and see a familiar face.

I have seen him somewhere? Where?

Oh, wait! It's that boy, that banana milk boy from the party! It's Jungkook!

Jungkook comes closer to both of you. Taehyung, widening his eyes asks, "OMG! How much banana milk did you get kookie?"

Exactly my point! It's not like the banana milk is getting extinct! 

Probably, Daepyonim's banana milkaholic rat! Lol! (you giggle at your own joke!)

Without hesitating Jungkook was going to tell him 2 boxes but changed his sentence right after his eyes fell on you...

"ONLy two boxes hyuNG... AJHUMMA??" exclaims Jungkook changing his voice pitch from high to low to high again.

"You are that beautiful Ajhumma from that party, right?"

Ajhumma? Is this all he remembers about me? 

But that cute... that cute little bunny face, ironic to his height and wide shoulders won't let me get angry. 

Well, maybe I'll let him go. And at least, he remembers me as a beauty.

As soon as Jungkook asks you whether you are that same woman from the party, Taehyung calmly scolds him, "How many times do I have to tell you that she is my assistant, not an Ajhumma!"

How many times? Did they talk about me or what?

You seem pretty popular Y/n.

Ahh wait! Maybe Daepyonim told him about how I acted rudely and foolishly in front of him.

Crap!

Jungkook just ignores Taehyung and greets you, "Annyeonghaseyo!" and you do the same.

"Ajhumma, I heard you took a sick holiday for a week. Where are you hurt? Are you ok now?" asks Jungkook who looks seriously worried about you.

Why is he so concerned? 

He is kind though, especially in this cruel world where people rarely care genuinely, unlike Daepyonim who just kept staring at you!

But I am not ill. What if Daepyonim caught me lying?

Should I just act a bit dizzy, maybe cough twice, and leave?

Listening to Jungkook, you are indeed surprised at his kind behavior but Taehyung's face is also screaming the wonders you are wondering about. 

Probably Dapyonim also didn't expect Jungkook to be this kind.

Or maybe not that! 

What if Daepyonim is doubting whether I am really ill or not?

I need to escape. Please listen to your inner voice and RUN!

But before you can say anything, Jungkook softly says, "Come back soon Y/n!"

(melted by his charm) How can he call my name so sweetly?

Ok! I cannot handle his sweetness anymore. 

You cough twice, intentionally, to convince them that you are sick. Trying to get hold of yourself, you assure him that you'll be back as soon as you get better. You just greet them bowing down and leave as fast as your legs can take you out of that supermarket after checking out.