✦ chapter one hundred.

ೃ༄ "i must do what i can

ೃ༄ "i must do what i can."
✧──────✧

as riddle and idia had their little banter regarding how games may decrease learning skills, f/n sat silently on the couch at the corner. she felt her phone vibrate once, indicating that she had received a notification, most likely a message. she always kept her phone on vibrate or silent mode during work hours so that she wouldn't disturb anyone.

f/n whipped her phone out and unlocked it, only to discover the reply she received from her instructor. they clicked on their instructor's name and read his message.

'apologies for the delayed reply, child. yes, we're alright. don't worry about it. please, focus on your work now.'

f/n stayed silent for a moment before typing back a reply.

'alright... take care.'

she scrolled through her device for a moment before idia sat beside her. the military officer lifted their gaze and glanced at the night raven students who were busy playing games before looking back at idia, "what's wrong? are you not gonna watch them?"

"i watched riddle-shi and azul-shi play the legend of the underworld. it was a little funny yet pitiful, to say the least. fufufu, riddle-shi was having a hard time and he lost. i never met someone who said 'there is no button on the top of the controller!' azul cleared stage one with no miss, though," replied idia.

"mm? well, congratulations to him. fufu, that sounds fun. i remember playing the legend of the underworld with you the first time," spoke f/n as a chuckle left their lips. 

"you were totally bad at first," chuckled idia, "but you got better over time and we ended up playing mmorpg games a lot!" f/n hummed in response as she said, "mhm! ...did leona end up playing?" 

"yeah, he played 'counterattack of hydra'!" responded idia. 

f/n gasped softly as she said, "the masterpiece of the initial games that has several mini-games in it?!" 

idia nodded, "yes, that! i was a little surprised, too."

"that game suddenly became popular again because of the viral cat videos——...hold on, ortho made leona play the game because of that, right?" spoke f/n.

"yup! i have the video, too. i'll send it to you," replied idia before letting out a short laugh. f/n received a notification from idia and watched the video with him before chuckling at how similar it was to the viral cat video under the hashtag #catvshydra.

"pfftt... that's interesting," remarked f/n as she watched the video.

"ah, right now, vil is playing star rouge!" exclaimed idia. an excited gasp left f/n's lips as she and idia spoke in unison, "OUR LEGEND!!!!"

their sudden excitement made all five students and ortho turn their heads to look at the two. idia and f/n immediately grew embarrassed as idia said, "ah, s-sorry... continue."