✦ chapter seven.

ೃ༄ "exactly why i have been advising miss l/n to be careful at all times

ೃ༄ "exactly why i have been advising miss l/n to be careful at all times."
✧──────✧

deuce knocked on the headmaster's door as he opened it and went inside, "pardon the intrusion, headmaster."

f/n grumbled softly as she entered the office with the rest of her classmates, crossing her arms as she looked at the headmaster with a bored face.

her classmates had dragged her to join them in this little meeting with the principal, saying something like "this is of importance, f/n!", "i'm sure you'll learn something about overblots when you come with us!"

nonetheless, she still went on with them— only because she wants them to stop nagging her and disturb her from diasomnia's table in the cafeteria.

"you're all gathered here, i see. now then, i'd like to get started quickly. this concerns the incident that happened in heartslabyul dorm the other day, but i figured that i should thoroughly explain it to you. i figured that as fellow magicians, there is a need for you to be fully aware of the consequences that could happen." crowley started his discussion as he glanced at the class 1-a students.

"although, i'm sure miss f/n knows quite a lot about our topic for today." everyone's attention shifted to f/n, making her uncomfortable. f/n sighed to herself as she avoided their gazes, "yes, well... carry on."

deuce looked back at the headmaster and said, "you mean, the overblot, sir?" crowley hummed in agreement as he responded, "indeed, that's right."

"i heard it from my big bro before, but... i didn't expect that to happen. it really was the evil berserker mode, huh..." ace recalled the time where his brother mentioned overblot, but never really explained anything about it.

grim looked up at the headmaster and asked, "hey, what is 'blot' anyway?"

"blot is the wasted material that is accumulated in every magic use. it is highly toxic and it can greatly harm one's mind and body if used too much... think of it as magic's exhaust pipe." before crowley could respond to grim's question, f/n answered for him while looking at the seven portraits floating above crowley's desk.

"precisely, it is as miss l/n said. with great power comes with great risk. not even the greatest magicians have unlimited supply of magical energy, am i right, miss l/n?" the diasomnia student hummed in agreement as she stood there, arms still crossed with a bored look on her face.

"...as you excessively use magic, especially the powerful ones, your magic jewel slowly gets tainted with blot."

grim shrieked as he glanced at f/n, "so you're saying... the more you use magic, the more it becomes bad for the body?!" f/n shook her head as she glanced at crowley, "headmaster?"