✦ chapter forty five.

ೃ༄ "even more reason for me to give you my thanks

ೃ༄ "even more reason for me to give you my thanks..."
✧──────✧

f/n sat properly on her assigned seat as she had tea with rosehearts. riddle's mother and vincent were having a conversation, while riddle and f/n sat in silence. they weren't particularly close, and since riddle's mother is here, he is quite limited with the things he says and does.

"excuse me, father, mrs. rosehearts... may i have the permission to stroll around the garden with riddle?"

riddle glanced at f/n as his mother and vincent agreed. f/n took a glance at riddle and gestured him to follow her. riddle stood up and bowed at his mother and vincent before trailing behind f/n. they walked side by side and the silence was a tad bit uncomfortable. f/n did not spare a glance at riddle during the walk but still spoke, "how are you?" riddle then replied, "...she wouldn't listen... my attempt was failed." f/n nodded and said, "i see... at least now you know the difference between the right and wrong. i trust you wouldn't act the way you did in the past."

"yes, lady l/n. thank you," replied riddle. f/n hummed and asked, "hm? for?" they stopped in their tracks as riddle turned to look at her, "for helping me..." f/n paused for a moment before bowing her head, "i was just doing my job. you do not need to give me your thanks." riddle chuckled as he said, "i don't think you should be the one bowing down to me in this situation. i owe you my loyalty for being able to save me that day. your family helped us in so many ways too, even more reason for me to give you my thanks."

"loyalty... that's a little deep, don't you think? you do not owe me anything," replied f/n as she stood up straight. riddle bowed his head as he said, "no matter what happens, we will have your back." f/n had a small smile on her face as she lifted his head by his chin, "do not bow down to me. you are the queen, after all." riddle was stunned to see f/n smiling so fondly at him as he nodded and mumbled, "yes... you look beautiful when you smile, lady l/n."

riddle soon cleared his throat to brush off his statement and said, "apologies. please forget what i said." f/n shook her head to dismiss him and said, "no, it's alright. thank you. shall we go back?"

...

days have passed and it was time for the l/ns to head back to briar valley. vincent and f/n paid rosehearts a visit one last time before they left. "thank you for giving your time to reconnect with us," said riddle's mother. "thank you for your hospitality," said vincent. riddle and f/n were at a further distance from their parents as they faced each other. "take care of yourself, riddle. i'll see you in the academy tomorrow," said f/n as she curtsied at him. riddle bowed as he replied, "i wish you luck on your journey back home." 

f/n nodded and bid goodbye to him once again and left their residence. while they were walking towards the area where the mirror was kept, f/n turned to look at her father. "father, i'll visit that bakery for a moment... a schoolmate of mine lives there," spoke f/n as she waved at her father and walked to the bakery. trey's eyes landed on the colonel as he smiled, "f/n, you're back! would you like some bread?"