✦ chapter ninety five.

ೃ༄ "time's up

ೃ༄ "time's up."
✧──────✧

after they have finished reading the results of subjects a, c, and e, idia turned to look at ortho as he said, "bring subjects b and d to the simulation room. f/n will join you shortly, alright?" ortho nodded as he said before leaving the room, "roger!" 

idia glanced at f/n as the military officer looked at him, "i am going to check on subject f later, would you like to come?" f/n nodded as they replied, "...sure. i want to know his condition anyway."

idia nodded before allowing them to leave, "alright... you can go to the simulation room." f/n hummed before leaving and heading to the simulation room. she stood beside ortho as the younger shroud spoke, "all subjects have been equipped with the magical energy measuring device."

"begin the first phase of testing on subjects b and d," ordered idia.

"roger! virtual enemy mode: stand-by. begin dive!"

f/n stood there once again as the two subjects started their experiment. jamil was quickly the first one to speak as he said, "what is this room...?! it's completely different now."

leona hummed as he said, "we can use magic here... i see. we are in a simulated virtual world."

"thank you for being quick on the uptake. begin," spoke f/n.

minutes later, f/n leaned down on the microphone as she reported to the control room, "first test complete. subjects will undergo cool down within the simulator."

"subject b's and d's vitals are normal. blot accumulation rate at a normal pace. battle simulator and lachesis system are synchronized. the second test is good to go," spoke an operator.

"alright. let's not waste more time," ordered idia.

"roger! virtual enemy mode: stand-by. begin dive!"

...

soon, the test ended and f/n left the room. she currently stood beside idia inside the control room as he exclaimed, "wait, this is too fast! they are so quick to notice the structure of the system!! leona-shi... i bet even when he's dreaming, he will realize 'this is a dream' in seconds. how boring~ jamil-shi too, his mental stress has almost no effect on the numbers... why did they even overblot? ...and vil-shi too."

f/n stayed silent, wondering if idia was asking the question to her or he was just talking to himself. idia turned his head to look at f/n and said, "you were there during their overblots, no?"

"...yes, i was."

"okay... why did they overblot?" asked idia. "it's because of their... past. well, sort of. i'll tell you later," replied f/n. idia nodded as he looked back at the monitor as an operator spoke, "lachesis system decreasing the percentage of synchronization. remaining 5%, 4, 3, 2... disconnected."