✦ chapter twenty one.

ೃ༄ "my my, we meet again, l/n

ೃ༄ "my my, we meet again, l/n."
✧──────✧

f/n hugged her books to her chest as she walked alongside her classmates and jack. it was time for lunch and they were discussing about ways on how to break the contract, but she paid no mind to it and zoned out. 'i wonder what will we have for dinner today... maybe i should try asking sebek to cook this time,' thought f/n as she continued walking.

'maybe i should have my favorite food for lunch... but i already had the same meal yesterday... can i have some pie for lunch then? oh, i heard ace likes cherry pie... maybe i should try that out and see why he likes it so much.' while the diasomnia first year was occupied with her own thoughts, yuu grabbed her wrist and walked with the group towards the hall of mirrors.

f/n snapped out of her trance and realized they were standing in front of octavinelle's mirror, "woah, woah, woah, why are we here? i thought we're getting lunch?" ace looked at the first year and grinned, "we're visiting the vip room. don't worry, f/n~ i'll treat you to lunch, hehehehe..." f/n grew suspicious at how much ace giggled as he said those words, but decided to brush it off and entered octavinelle with them.

they snuck into the vip room and to their luck, somehow, azul wasn't there. jack looked around as he entered, "it's true... looks like no one is here yet." deuce glanced at the safe and said, "the safe has a lock and needs a key... this will be tough..." jack's eyes widened as he warned the group, "someone's coming!" ace looked at the door and said, "oh shit! hide!"

the first years then hid under the table, and it was not comfortable in the slightest. "it's cramped... you're too big, jack!" complained ace. "what'd ya say?" asked jack. "ack! don't move, man!" f/n sighed as she was pressed against the side of the table and yuu. yuu then apologized to the first year, "sorry for the uncomfortable position, n/n." she hushed him and said, "hush, yuu. it's not that important." the group stayed silent as soon as the door creaked opened with a familiar voice saying, "let's see..."

'he knew we would be here... no, wait... seeing as we're cramped and jack's tail is out, he noticed us... what will this man do...' thought f/n. the sounds of keys clanking and a safe opening was heard as azul took out the contracts and counted them one by one. he was grinning ear to ear as he counted them, sending shivers down their spines.

'that was kinda creepy... what the fuck...' thought f/n. "ah, those are the contracts we signed!" whispered deuce. "so he really does keep them in a safe," replied ace. azul continued counting the contracts with a grin on his face as grim whispered, "that guy's grinning ear to ear while he counts the contracts..." jack replied, "what a tasteless hobby..." before they could continue their oh-so-obvious whispering, azul placed the contracts back in the safe and locked it as he said, "it's time i head back."

the sound of azul's footsteps disappeared as everyone sighed in relief. however, none of them noticed that they had not heard the sound of the door closing on azul's way out. jack landed his eyes on the golden paper laying on the table, "...wait! there's a contract on the table." ace's eyes lit up as he glanced at the table, "for real~? lucky! let's try to destroy it, then~" grim let out a triumphant laugh as he said, "azul's pretty forgetful, huh~ let's see here..."