✦ chapter seventy six.

"i wanted to impress her

"i wanted to impress her."
✧──────✧

the five were lounging around until there are a few hours left 'til the ceremony. epel glanced at the rest and said, "so the five of us are the only ones left to head to the cafeteria to save idia-san, huh..."

"all the ones before us failed to rescue him. a whole bunch of good for nothings," remarked riddle.

"haaah... why do i have to be part of such a troublesome mission..." complained ace, "idia-senpai ain't very popular, is he?"

"every man has his forte, their own place to shine. it's just that roi de ta chambre is better at pursuing his own passions than building up intimate relations with many people," replied rook.

"in other words... he's a shut-in," spoke riddle. "oui! exactly," confirmed rook.

"now, now. that's enough, everyone. we have to concentrate on our strategy," spoke f/n, "we must think of a suitable way to win over the bride."

"yes! as nee-san says," added ortho. "right... the part about the bride wanting an 'ideal prince'," spoke epel.

"i'd say epel is a pretty good candidate, you know," said ace. epel's eyes widened as he glanced at ace, "wha—?!"

"leaving height aside for a sec here, he does give off a pretty typical prince-like vibe, right? add in these clothes and it's perfect. if you just put on some thick-soled shoes, hide your height, you might even get an 'ok' from the bride, don't ya think?" explained ace.

"on the other hand, i'd say our biggest problem here is you, ace. your language is pretty rough, which is far from prince-like," interjected riddle.

"eh~? but... leona-senpai is the same though," remarked ace. "exactly why he was rejected," replied f/n, "even if it's just for a while, you should at least try to play the part of a prince."

"ye~s, n/n and dorm head riddle..." answered the heartslabyul first year. "well then, i suppose it is about time we all start preparing our proposal for the princess. let's split up for the time being," suggested rook.

"yes!"

...

f/n looked around the dark rose maze of heartslabyul. they had accompanied riddle for the mean time, seeing as he asked her to do so.

"painting these roses red should have been done earlier, but because of that ghost bride, nothing is left finished..." complained riddle as he sighed, "i'm already busy enough as it is, why do i even have to do the trees..."

"to get easily caught by the ghost, i'm gonna decapitate trey and cater when they get back..." mumbled riddle, though it was more like he was complaining about the amount of work and there seems to be no genuine feelings about his statement.

"...riddle, i can help you, you know? i don't feel good just sitting around here while you cut those trees and paint those roses," spoke f/n. riddle stubbornly shook his head and replied, "no, dear. i'll do it. this is not your responsibility. just take a seat and have your snack."