✦ chapter one hundred thirty eight.

ೃ༄ "no amount of research can tell you how powerful and deadly i can get for the sake of malleus

ೃ༄ "no amount of research can tell you how powerful and deadly i can get for the sake of malleus..."
✧──────✧

"precisely why we must handle it," said malleus, "it will take a lot of time for an injured man to climb the tower. more flowers would have bloomed by then. leave this one to us." azul agreed with malleus' statement as he added, "we have learned from a wonderful teacher such as yourself, so we do not fear danger."

however, idia seemed spooked by their suggestion, "wait... oh, no... ooooh, no... you aren't suggesting we have to climb the bell tower, are you?!"

trein stayed silent at the words of his students before letting out a sigh, "it's like the legend of the righteous judge and the bell ringer... surely, he must have been wrought with worry for the bell ringer as the latter tried to stand up to the disaster. all the judge could do was believe in his pupil as he sent him off. their actions saved the city... i have no choice but to do the same as i trust you all with this endeavor..."

"you won't regret it," said malleus.

idia sighed as he mumbled, "i don't want to climb those stairs again, but i'm with you all... i have no other choice, but to go..." jamil hummed as he added, "i'm not looking forward to hearing what others will say if i choose to stay here by myself... plus, i can't stand the thought of him playing us and tainting night raven college's good name."

"i want to join! i hate how he played us for fools. i want to avenge everyone else, too... i'm gonna sock him good!!!" yelled deuce. epel cheered in response, "yeah!!! he'll regret trying to trick us! i'll kill every single one of these flowers and rub it in rollo flamme's annoying face!!!"

"well said, deuce, epel. standing up to humiliation is the essence of being a night raven college student. we shall bring rollo flamme down with our own hands!" exclaimed riddle.

"yeah!!!"

aelyn stood close to f/n as she whispered, "...are they always like this, nee-san?" f/n hummed in response as she eyed the group with a small smile, "yes... i grew to love them, even if they can be quite the ridiculous bunch."

"we can hear you, n/n," said epel as he grinned at the lady. "how sweet, mademoiselle. we share the same feelings," added rook, causing f/n to sigh before gesturing all of them to start moving. "geez... whatever, let's move. rollo used the bell to accomplish his goals, so we must be prepared for countermeasures. i am certain he's guarding the bell tower so no one can get close to it... now, just as i warned the group back at the island of woe, you have to be very careful."

"i'm taking her warning seriously this time," mumbled epel as idia, azul, and malleus crossed their arms with a smirk on their faces. "oh, please. i'm not losing to a sentimental mage who relies on a flower that's gone extinct, n/n," boasted idia.

"do not underestimate me, my dear. i would rather have you think of a reward when we succeed in this mission," said azul. f/n raised a brow as she voiced out, "oh? how ambitious. alright, when this mission is successful, i'm treating you all to a meal when we get back to nrc."