✦ chapter twelve.

ೃ༄ "you're very pretty! hehe!"✧──────✧

✧──────✧

f/n rose from her bed as soon as the tournament ended. she had seen it all, especially the exhibition match. she was surprised when yuu got hit on the head and wanted to visit him in the infirmary, but she had to wait for lilia and the others to arrive. she walked to the lounge and saw the four enter through the door. malleus immediately landed his eyes on f/n with a scary glare that sent shivers up f/n's spine.

"h-heyy... mal..."

malleus did not respond as he stared at them with the same glare. he crossed his arms as he motioned for the girl to come over and she obeyed. she stood in front of dragon fae who is currently emitting a deadly aura. after a few seconds of silence, malleus broke the ice.

"...what... on earth were you thinking?! are you even aware of how dangerous it is for you to do a stunt like that?!" roared malleus, shocking even silver and sebek from his sudden outburst. f/n played with her fingers as she mumbled, "i got carried away... i wanted it to end so leona would get back to his senses..." malleus sighed as he pressed two fingers on his temple, "you stole all of his magical abilities as well, i'm surprised he had some left to last during the tournament."

"i'm sorry, mal. i won't do it again," promised f/n. malleus shook his head, "no. knowing you, you'll end up doing the same thing when you can't think of any other solution." f/n lowered her head as she felt guilty for the entire situation. "however..." malleus trailed, making the girl look up to him, "i can provide a quick cure for you. that still doesn't mean i approve of this action. as much as possible, refrain from using advanced magic when you aren't under any of our supervision."

"...why does it feel like i'm the one being guarded instead of you?" sweatdropped f/n. malleus groaned to himself as he replied, "your wellbeing is just as important as that of royalty. not only that, there is a chance that you might be the queen soon."

'...did he just indirectly confess to me?' thought f/n. silver, sebek, and lilia looked at malleus with narrowed eyes as soon as he mentioned that. malleus ignored their stares as he continued, "so don't say such things in which you imply that you are nowhere as important as i am." f/n nodded as she mumbled her apology once more, "yes, mal. sorry..." malleus patted her head as he smiled softly at her, "go and rest. you need it."

"actually... i wanted to ask if i could go to the infirmary... i witnessed yuu got injured and i wanted to check on him..." malleus' smile dropped as soon as she mentioned she wanted to leave, "you are asking at the wrong time." f/n pleaded with twinkling eyes, "please~ i'll let you play with my tamagotchi while i'm gone!" malleus hummed in a bored tone as he spoke, "go... before i change my mind."

"yay~" f/n hugged malleus before bidding goodbye to him and the rest and leaving the dormitory.

...