✦ chapter sixty one.

ೃ༄ "i'm proud of you, deuce

ೃ༄ "i'm proud of you, deuce."
✧──────✧

f/n walked down the hallways of the coliseum. she was aware that rook had most likely attended to vil first, but still wanted to go and find him to prevent things from getting worse. she was close to where rook and vil stood, considering that she can slowly hear their voices getting louder with every step she makes.

"hm~ ...the refreshing yet complex aroma of apple juice. a vision of a pure, red apple comes rushing to me. a product born from dear epel's hometown is truly wonderful. i shall indulge myself if you don't mind, roi du poison."

"YOU CAN'T, ROOK!!!"

f/n paused in her tracks as soon as she heard another voice before the sounds of glass shattering pierced her ears. another pair of footsteps was heard once again as rook exclaimed, "roi d'or! why are you here? yuu-kun and grim-kun as well!"

f/n immediately ran towards their direction and stood before the rest as rook exclaimed once again, "princesse du tonnerre!" f/n's eyes landed on the shattered glass bottle and spilt apple juice that seemed to be bubbling and turning green.

"wha—?! the apple juice on the floor is bubbling and turning green! ...you've cursed this juice with your unique magic, didn't you, vil?" questioned kalim as he eyed the pomefiore dorm head. however, vil was silent.

"he wanted to curse his rival...?" mumbled yuu. "i felt something off with vil after seeing the look on his face back when rehearsals ended. his expression was so similar to the one jamil made during the holidays..." replied kalim.

"...rook, what were you thinking? i'm sure you knew drinking that juice would not have fared for you..." spoke vil. "because i believe in you. you, who have worked harder than anyone to achieve the best. i had come here to make sure that you do not taint your beauty by doing something foolish. but at the same time, i felt it my duty to have a taste of what your curse should bring. i had wanted to experience beauty so maddening, so tenacious. i cared not whether it was a fruit that had been poisoned," replied rook.

"what are you saying, rook?! that's... you can't let that happen!" exclaimed kalim as he eyed both rook and vil, "hey, vil! do you finally understand how unreasonable you were being?! weren’t you the one who said that we’d give a performance so show-stopping that people wouldn’t care who we are!? and yet, here you are…"

vil let out a short laugh as he spoke, "ah... haha... honestly... i want to ask myself that very question... but, you see? i finally understood. I KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER WIN!!! that's why, i... i wanted to..." the juice on the floor started bubbling once more as the area slowly covered itself with the mist emitting from the drink. f/n's eyes widened and immediately spoke, "DON'T BREATHE IN! this smoke is cursed!"

"princesse du tonnerre is right! vil’s unique magic is called “fairest one of all.” he has the ability to put a curse on any object. this mist as well, it is vapour from cursed liquid. breathing it in will render you immobile. but i have never seen such a reaction happen before… it was such a small bottle, too…" replied rook before letting out a gasp, "...it can't be...!"