Chapter 34 - Mourning

Narrator's POV

After word got out that the three people who became known as America's Trio died the whole world especially America went into mourning. A massive funeral was held for the three in Washington D.C. where thousands showed up to pay their respects.

No one will ever truly understand the sacrifice that was given in order to take down Hydra. The world celebrated the end of WW2 and mourned over those who were lost.

A monument was put up in honor of Captain America, Colonel Hayes, and Sergeant Barnes. And Steve Rogers was laid to rest next to his two loves. While his body was never found a tombstone marked where his empty casket lay.

Steven Grant Rogers - Captain America

The man who served his nation till his very last breath.

Family to Some, Hero to All

July 4th 1918 - February 5th, 1945

Captain America became known has the first superhero, he became a hero to many in the United States. Colonel Hayes became known has one of the most influential and decorated women in the military during WW2. And Sergeant Barnes became known as the only Howling Commando to give his life in the line of duty.

Shortly after Madison, Steve, and Bucky were killed several letters and Madison's journal were donated to the Smithsonian where their relationship was exposed. Their relationship became famous and was used heavily in the LGBTQ movement since the beginning.

Even in death America's Trio changed the world. They became a symbol of hope, of love, of sacrifice. The war tore them apart but their love never wavered. Now in death they shall meet again.

Shortly after Captain America's death, S.H.E.I.L.D was founded. The Howling Commandos, Peggy, Howard, none of them were the same after the deaths of three of their friends but they did everything they could to Avenge them.

After a short period of mourning they used their sacrifice to help the world achieve peace. The sacrifice that Madison, Bucky, and Steve gave was felt around the world and still is even as decades pass.

Peggy and Howard never gave up trying to find their friends bodies searching both the Atlantic and the Alps but they never found them, the only thing they found was the Tesseract at the bottom of the Atlantic. No one would find out what really happened to any of them until decades later.