Bartender - (Lime - Grian x Mumbo)

Start from the beginning

My first customer was a petite woman with butt length black hair and too long eyelashes which fluttered when she blinked gently up at me. I remember her well because she would come in every night I worked and sat in the same stool, watching me through her lowered makeup heavy eyelids. She always wore a tight tank top and matching skirt with lipstick which matched the colours.

I always wondered if she was the one who gave me her number on the coaster, but she never wore red.

After a couple weeks, I was finally feeling comfortable behind the bar and I would throw flirty lines at the regulars, often gaining a dollar or two extra as a tip. I didn't really feel comfortable doing it, but the extra 20 pounds or so a night really helped.

And sometimes I'd lean myself over the counter at that one girl, letting her get a bit too close for comfort. I was grateful for the etiquette to not touch the workers, but I would usually walk away from those nights with a couple extra dollars that I would then use to buy myself a train ticket to the ocean or ticket to the movie theatre.

I almost felt like I was selling myself in a way.

I guess that's why people came to the bar though. You see, this was no ordinary bar to go 'drink away your sorrows'. No. It was a...a lot more.

I thought that after working there for a couple months, I'd be capable of saying it. I'm still embarrassed by it, because what do you expect people to do when you tell them you work at a stripper bar?

The first two weeks of working there, I was very uncomfortable and I didn't even tell my friends I had a job until they finally drug it out of me since I wasn't hanging out with them anymore. It was hard when I worked Tuesday nights to Sunday mornings every week.

It took my three weeks before I even let my eyes stray to the stage area. I often caught Doc staring down the stage during one specific performer who I think was named Ren and I'd often just pick up the extra customers for him at those times.

After a month, I would finally let myself fully ogle the men on stage as I worked to fulfill orders during the women's songs. My confidence grew and I slowly began to feel more and more a part of the community in this small crowded bar.

I don't know if that was good or not, but it sure made me more money as girls would fall all over themselves to get me to notice them. A simple smile would usually get me a couple notes from the newer customers while I got to know how to get to each other customer. I was even popular among the men as they must have noticed I tended to watch the male dancers.

And that black-haired girl? I kept letting her get closer. She was hot, I can't deny and I finally began to feel like maybe, just maybe, I could try more than just flirting.

Iskall had been very wrong. I was definitely sexually attracted to people.

I remember the day clearly. It was June, midway through the spring semester and I had been working at the bar 5 times a week for nearly two months. I had found a solid rhythm between sleep, school, homework, and work, but I was bored.

I wanted some excitement.

So, when the black-haired girl who I had never bothered to remember the name of walked into the bar, gliding across the floor to her stool. I immediately went to her, leaning across the counter, letting my nose graze her ear and hair as I whispered in her ear, "what would you like tonight darling?"

"You." Her voice was soft and certain as I grinned, my face still by her ear.

"Hmm. You say that every night. What makes you think you'll get me tonight?"

I heard her breath hitch as I gently place my lips against her ear, nibbling on the soft skin where it connected to her neck. "Touch me." I could hear the rumble of my voice as I mumbled against her skin before refocusing on her skin.