Traded- (Angst - Grian - Siblings AU part 2)

TW: blood, death, torture, mentions of past trauma and abuse (I was told to harm Grian a 'little'... does this count? Sorry not sorry. I tend to enjoy writing blood.)

Request from That_One_Girl_LOL  which just fit so well with EndlessParadox's so I had to do them together.

Grian POV-

The days passed peacefully. It was happiest I had ever been.

But I was strangely antsy. I was safe, but I couldn't stop the worry of what the Watchers would do if they ever found me again.

I never opened up to False and Tango. They visited often and told me about their adventures of traveling through worlds with the purple armoured man, who I learned was named Xisuma, but I never told them about myself.

Well, that's not true. I told them about the amazing powers I held now that I was also a watcher, but I never told them how I was forced to burn down servers, the screams still echoing in my ear in the darkest hours of the nights.

I told them about my wings and how to prune and care for them, but I never explained the scarring down my back, most heavily around my shoulder blades from when Sam tried to cut them out.

I told them about the Evo server and the friends I had there, but I never mentioned the abuse I experienced at the hands of the watchers when I would even slip up once.

I never talked about the day they forced me to kill my best friend with my own hands.

Tango and Xisuma had shared their pasts with me, trying to get me to open up. Xisuma told me about his twin brother who had killed their own parents after he went insane. He cried as he explained how he had had to ban his own brother to the void, never to be seen or heard from again.

Tango carefully explained the testing that had been done to him after the fire demon stole him in front of me when I was 12. He let me play with his tail which had appeared when he had been injected with demon blood. He never said more than I could handle as any mention of torture had me running to the nearest corner sobbing my eyes out. I wouldn't talk for days after break downs like that, a learn response from my training as a watcher.

Stay silent.

Do as you are told.

Or experience a punishment worse than death.

I had just had one of those breakdowns a couple days ago and I had started humming to myself as I worked at the concrete mixing machine placed in the ocean where my base floated, warming up my voice from lack of use. I spun the handle as the gravel, sand and white dye combined in front of my eyes. The smooth concrete mesmerizing as I pondered on my current life.

No worries and no fear.

At least no fear from the other hermits.

As I place the last of the white dye into the concrete mixer, I hear the light thud of a boat against my island.

I whip around, eyes wide, but relax immediately when I see Mumbo Jumbo, my neighbour. He was one of the other hermits that I had learned to trust and he never tried to make me talk about my past, only ever asking about the future plans I had for my base.

He smiles as me and begins wringing out his suit pant legs that had gotten wet on his boat ride. "How you doing Gri?"

"Good!" I say in my chipper voice that I used when I wanted to show I was okay, "Just making concrete." I gesture at the mixer.

"Oh! That is an amazing contraption. Would you mind if I used it to make some concrete as well?"

I nod in agreement as he excuses himself to go get the required materials. The time passes quickly and before long, I hear footsteps on my floating house.